Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
Thanks VegasGuy! Incidentally I also got a U2412M as a replacement, should not disappoint
I've still got mine although I replaced it with a Dell U2412M. Never would have thought the cable could be the problem, but it always looked cheap to me. Mine was only artifacting and blanking out at the native resolution. I'm much happier with the Dell. The color accuracy, contrast and black level blow the L246W away.Update - I still can't believe this. It was the freaking DVI to HDMI cable. I had no idea digital cables could artifact and stuff like that - I figured they'd either work or not at all.
It's not that bad and the effect seems to lessen over time. You may be one of those people that may never get used to it.What do you think about the AG coating on the 2412M though? That really worries me about replacing the 246W - I don't see any of that sparkling stuff with this monitor and I hate that effect on other ones I've seen.
I really would like to use this on my LG L245WP but I can't get into the service menu by pressing the menu button while powering on.Yes, of course, but do it carefully and make backup!
Solution for L245WP/L246WP:
1. Export existing EDID -> in Raylar EDID DAT format (Phoenix, monInfo, SoftMCSS)
2. Modify EDID -> extension blocks = 0, don't mod other data! (create backup, open with Phoenix EDID editor, than save)
3. Monitor service menu -> Agent mode = ON (service mode: turn monitor Off, press menu while turn On)
4. Full version of Powerstrip - Monitor properties, Update EDID (should be only HDMI-DVI connected, it's simpler to select the right EEPROM), choose the modded file
This extension blocks data were overwritten with registry hacks, so, that is software solution and this is the hardware version.
Hmmm... Didn't think of that. Could it really have such a large effect (15kohm to 16 ohm)?
Here is a video of how to fix:
I think my LG L246W just died.
For the first time, I've turned it on and instead of working properly it started flashing the LG logo and power indicator. It has never had any issues before today.
I've disconnected it from power for a few minutes, gonna try again. Edit: No luck, same thing.
Edit 2: I've left it plugged in, and after 2 minutes of flashing it finally powered on and it's working okay now. I guess it's most likely a power supply issue, like a capacitor or something.
I'm gonna have to read through this thread and see what I can do to fix it.
For reference quoted below is a prior post I used to fix the issue I had with earlier Nvidia driversand my LG246 LG 246 LCD Monitor.
These instructions used to work but with this latest driver 197.45 the sections mentioned
in the old post do not exist.
For anyone with the display shifted left problem with LG display monitor this fix should work for sure with the LG246.
The original post has a Override...flags0 section but in aother post elsewhere I had
found reference to adding a line also for the Override...flags1 as well. So here are both lines.
For 197.45 I added to the NV_DISP.INF these two lines in the section labeled
HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, 1E,6D,3F,56,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00
HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags1, %REG_BINARY%, 1E,6D,3F,56,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00
Lines begin with HKR and are one line in the INF file. Do not split. all after HKR should be one line.
I took an old power supply and salvaged 3x 10V 2200uF capacitors (should be equivalent to the original 2x 10V 3300uF ones, since they're in parallel) from there, soldered them into the L246 power supply and voila! It turns on perfectly and works "better than new"
Well, screw waiting a month for capacitors to arrive. I took an old power supply and salvaged 3x 10V 2200uF capacitors (should be equivalent to the original 2x 10V 3300uF ones, since they're in parallel) from there, soldered them into the L246 power supply and voila! It turns on perfectly and works "better than new" haha!
Thank you for people in this thread making this fix possible.
Try my EDID update method. You won't have problem with that anymore.