LG L245WP - the first S-IPS 24"

k1mch1

n00b
1019diykenlg2401ae4.jpg

LG Intros NextGen LCD Monitors

http://it.com.cn/f/diy/0610/20/338459.htm

Its about time. I hope it will be reasonably priced, else many will just go for the 30" Dell S-IPS.

Scyles said:
Its about time. I hope it will be reasonably priced, else many will just go for the 30" Dell S-IPS.
There is no bigger S-IPS than this I think. The Dell 3007WFP is not an S-IPS at least.

blunden said:
There is no bigger S-IPS than this I think. The Dell 3007WFP is not an S-IPS at least.

The 3007WFP is S-IPS?! It uses an LG.Philips LM300W01 S-IPS panel :)

The only question, does it, or does it not, have both a DVI and HDMI? Some sites state that it only has a HDMI, and no DVI port.

"The connection aspect, L245WP quite is also out of the ordinary. According to the LG introduction, it has provided D-Sub, HDMI and the component 3 kind of connections, but certainly does not have the DVI connection, perhaps this also created an item "the world first" - in the world first section not to provide the DVI connection 24 inch wide screen liquid-crystal display."

xeefus said:
?? :( How do I use it on my computer then?

Don't worry a DVI-to-HDMI cable will fix this. DVI is also likely to be replaced by HDMI (already some video cards have both DVI and HDMI ports).

Badd said:
The 3007WFP is S-IPS?! It uses an LG.Philips LM300W01 S-IPS panel :)
Sorry about that. I just made the logical conclusion that since the 24" didn't use that, the 30" wasn't either. It seems nothing is logical in the world of LCD's. ;) :D 30" S-IPS sounds like one bad ass monitor. :D

xeefus: I guess you have to use a converter from HDMI to DVI. Sounds like a strange move though since it's after all a computer monitor and not a TV.

HDMI is replacing DVI, it is an evolution of DVI with contect protection (plus support for higher colour depth and resolution)

Oh. Will it be sold everywhere? That monitor looks just so sweet. If the price is right I'll get one!

The russian site says the contrast is DFC, does it mean it has dynamic constrast?

lol I'm just waiting for StalkerZERO to see this thread :D :D
edit:nm he's looking for a 30" :p

24" S-IPS....even the sound of it seems to cry out EXPENSIVE. :D Hope I'm wrong about that though. I can appreciate the minimalist thin black bezel but I really would like to see a little more style and imagination with the stand... like Asus' PW201 or even something like the stand Dell uses on it's current monitors. The thick black cylinder doesn't really do anything for me. :(

was there a release date written in one of those links or did i miss it?

in any case, does anyone know when it will be released? confirmed MSRP?

figures, i just bought a sony sdmp-234b for $750 bucks and now this comes out...

one more inch, hdmi and hdcp among other things...wow...my luck...

although this sony kicks posterior...

Going back to some earlier posts on this thread; I believe that D-Sub is a DVI connection, is it not?

i'd be surprised if they left off DVI, but guess we will have to wait and see.

Badd said:

you just need an adapter cable, no biggie since it probably ships with one.

tHe_BiNk said:
20 NOV is the release date on a number of sites, but nothing official.

I really hope so! This monitor looks awesome.
And now that I've almost quit gaming, I think I'm not as picky with ghosting and such anymore :p it would be perfect for me!

Badd said:

according to the Chinese review translated:

"Interface, L245WP quite different.According to the LG, which provides a D-Sub, HDMI and three component interface. It does not have DVI, it might create a "first world" -- the world's first 24-inch one is not equipped with DVI Kuanbing LCD. "

Interesting, but a little odd....

I was thinking of getting a 2407 originally but with all the problems it had, I found myself going for the benq fp241w. But with the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping, i decided not to go for it.
D oes anyone know if this will include 1:1 mapping. Would like it mostly for when i plug in a console. I am mostly a PC user so its not such a big deal but would be nice. :)

also what are the specifications compared to the 2407 and the fp241w? Would be nice to see if this is better or of similar quality. :D

DRAXX said:
I was thinking of getting a 2407 originally but with all the problems it had, I found myself going for the benq fp241w. But with the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping, i decided not to go for it.
D oes anyone know if this will include 1:1 mapping. Would like it mostly for when i plug in a console. I am mostly a PC user so its not such a big deal but would be nice. :)

also what are the specifications compared to the 2407 and the fp241w? Would be nice to see if this is better or of similar quality. :D

I guess since this is the first S-IPS one, it's going to be far better in image quality! I can't wait :)

Wow! The price seems unbelievable, if true. Makes me want to hold off buying a 1600x1200 monitor. I didn't want less than 1200 vertical res, but a 1920x1200 monitor at a comparable price makes me pause...
(but I can't wait, I've just moved and don't have a monitor *at all*; typing this on a projector!)

Hmm, I was thinking of getting the Benq FP241W, but was worried about viewing angles. An S-IPS monitor could be pretty interesting.

Are LG monitors generally available in the U.S.? I only see them for sale at Circuit City (not a lot of competition on the prices that way).

So the DVI to HDMI conversion doesn't effect quality in any way?

Any word on the 1:1 pixel mapping?

Also, since this is an LG monitor, I assume it will have the same type of LG-Phillips S-IPS panels that are in the Apple Cinema Displays?

cb474 said:
Also, since this is an LG monitor, I assume it will have the same type of LG-Phillips S-IPS panels that are in the Apple Cinema Displays?
Most likely not, because LG is 24-inch and Cinema Display is 23-inch. The specs of these two displays are also different.

If only LG makes a 20.1" widescreen with black bezel. Then I can pair one up with the 24" when it's released.

xeefus said:
... But it says only 16.2 million colors?! That's not right is it? :(

I think this is correct, although 8bit values for each of the RGB colours should come to 16.7m and not 16.2m. Does anyone know why there is a slight difference? if it's correct I guess there is some trickery in the figures going on. That said, even the NEC LCD2690, which is made for colour accuracy and has a 12bit (68.5 billion colours) LUT (look up table) still can only out put 16.7 million colours.

This NEC (LCD2690WUXi) is also an IPS panel but is labelled specifically as "A-TW-IPS (Advanced True White) IPS panel", I don't know how this compares to an S-IPS panel, it's all so confusing...

artmonkey said:
I think this is correct, although 8bit values for each of the RGB colours should come to 16.7m and not 16.2m. Does anyone know why there is a slight difference? if it's correct I guess there is some trickery in the figures going on. That said, even the NEC LCD2690, which is made for colour accuracy and has a 12bit (68.5 billion colours) LUT (look up table) still can only out put 16.7 million colours.

This NEC (LCD2690WUXi) is also an IPS panel but is labelled specifically as "A-TW-IPS (Advanced True White) IPS panel", I don't know how this compares to an S-IPS panel, it's all so confusing...

Hmm, I was hoping for 16.7 since I read there's a noticable difference between it and 16.2 million colors :)

Hmm. Seems to be priced below 900 euros in Finland. Release date is listed as 10th of October (that's next Friday), which I somehow doubt... :)

Seriously my only question: is there input-lag?

I'd like to go back to FPS gaming on LCDs soon. Thanks :)

kenpas said:
Hmm. Seems to be priced below 900 euros in Finland. Release date is listed as 10th of October (that's next Friday), which I somehow doubt... :)

That was last month dude...

Back