Viewing Angles: 170/170
Ports: 1x D-Sub 1x DVI-D
Power Consumption: 45W
HDCP support
"Windows Vista ready"

PANEL SPECS

l226wtpanelwc3.jpg

30 more high-quality pictures of the L226WT here
I believe the reason this unit has a black base is because this is a prototype model, but you can really see alot of details here.

Because this unit was a prototype, performance tests could not be performed, so here's a
translated in-depth look at LG's forte Manager software instead

I updated the specs with more info I found and added a pic of the black version. It sure looks sexy in black. :eek:

New higher resolution pic of the black version:

l226wttx4.jpg

Not much interest around here for this monitor it seems, wich is strange considering how popular the L204WT is around here. I imagine this monitor will be as good as the the L204WT but with an extra 2 inches and a much higher contrast ratio. It should also be very low priced like it's smaller brother is.

I'm interested, I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg compared to the other 22 inch monitors. I really wanna get a 22 inch for my xbox 360 and I wont have to make a choice for about a month at the latest so hopefully this one is out by then.

JyuOH said:
I'm interested, I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg compared to the other 22 inch monitors. I really wanna get a 22 inch for my xbox 360 and I wont have to make a choice for about a month at the latest so hopefully this one is out by then.
Everything seems to indicate it'll come out in January.

Shaman said:
New higher resolution pic of the black version:

l226wttx4.jpg

Not much interest around here for this monitor it seems, wich is strange considering how popular the L204WT is around here. I imagine this monitor will be as good as the the L204WT but with an extra 2 inches and a much higher contrast ratio. It should also be very low priced like it's smaller brother is.

Wow, I really like the black bezel of this monitor. However, what makes you think that this LCD won't use a TN panel? The specs could be exaggerated and a lot of manufacturers does do this. I'm skeptical since almost all 22" LCDs uses a TN panel.

Sgt_Strider said:
However, what makes you think that this LCD won't use a TN panel? The specs could be exaggerated and a lot of manufacturers does do this. I'm skeptical since almost all 22" LCDs uses a TN panel.
Just because all current 22" monitors use a TN panel, doesn't mean this one will also be TN. Seeing as 22" panels are getting very popular, a non-TN 22" is bound to appear sooner or later. It may not be this one though.

viewing angle 170/170, thats TN already. PVA/MVA are 176 or 178, IPS are all 178. Should be noted that LG.philips do make TN panels as well. So does samsung.

You're correct, everything indicates it is a TN panel, but not that it's a bad thing. ;)

I only need to hear from the first brave buyers if this monitor suffers from the top and bottom light bleeding that seems to plague all the current 22" monitors, and if it doesn't, I'm gonna be all over this.

I bring more updates about this monitor...

30 high-quality pictures of the L226WT here!
I believe the reason this unit has a black base is because this is a prototype model, but you can really see alot of details here.

So because this unit was a prototype, performance tests could not be performed, so here's
an in-depth look at LG's forte Manager software instead

And finally, the panel this monitor uses, the LG.Philips LM220WE1

l226wtpanelwc3.jpg

i will definitely buy this monitor if the reviews and the price are decent. those specs are very good and its not an ugly monitor at all.

Shaman said:
Just because all current 22" monitors use a TN panel, doesn't mean this one will also be TN. Seeing as 22" panels are getting very popular, a non-TN 22" is bound to appear sooner or later. It may not be this one though.

I never said that there will never be a non-TN 22" LCD panel. I find it odd and stupid that you would interpret my post like that.

Since part of the "LG/Philips" partnership is using a TN for their 22" I guess it's safe to say there won't be any 22" panels that are S-IPS. :(

why does the monitor specs say it has a 3000:1 contrast ratio while the panel says it only has a 1000:1 ratio?

jtdaman said:
why does the monitor specs say it has a 3000:1 contrast ratio while the panel says it only has a 1000:1 ratio?
1000:1 is the base contrast, 3000:1 is the dynamic contrast using the Digital Fine Contrast technology.

damn. I'm starting to wish I waited for this instead of getting the westinghouse.

Pretty nice for a TN of that size.

I don't want to deal with the asian woman though, she seems strange.

:) :) :) Just make sure to uninstall the old drivers first, or there could be some compatibility issues.

why did u say the viewing angles were 170/170, but it says 160/160 on the other thing

curious to find more out about this, if it has the same bleeding problems i see on the other 22" im staying away

J87X said:
why did u say the viewing angles were 170/170, but it says 160/160 on the other thing
The bare panel specs is 160/160. The monitor specs is 170/170. I guess they can increase the viewing angle with filters or electronic tricks.

Proof:

1c9186f561dfc8ee5898b4b9d74d554b.jpg

Shaman said:
The bare panel specs is 160/160. The monitor specs is 170/170. I guess they can increase the viewing angle with filters or electronic tricks.

Proof:
*snip*
I like how when I look at a label in a foreign languauge, I can see the info I want to see faster than I can in English. It's so very straight to the point.

Shaman said:
I bring more updates about this monitor...

30 high-quality pictures of the L226WT here!

So because this unit was a prototype, performance tests could not be performed, so here's
an in-depth look at LG's forte Manager software instead

And finally, the panel this monitor uses, the LG.Philips LM220WE1

l226wtpanelwc3.jpg

Does anyone have links to the 30 piccy thing on this 22" from LG that arent on a site that is dreadfully slow.Nine times out of ten,90% of the pics wont load,or take hours to do so...
And I am not on dial up here,DSL,7 meg pipe here,darn fast anywhere else on the net....

TIA

Does this monitor support 1:1 pixel mapping or is it too early to ask?

Do we know when it's gonna be released? The article implies January but I haven't heard any news yet about the exact date or specs.

As do I. Any updates on this monitor?

Only problem is that monitor isn't S-IPS. As far as I have been informed there are not any plans for an S-IPS panel in 22 inches at the moment. Maybe once 20 inch sales decline but that wont be for a year or so.

At this point it will just be 20, 24, 26, and 30 as far as widescreen goes.

One thing I do not like about this LCD,and that is that the it has no height adjustment at all...... This is why I am now leaning towards the Sammy 225BW.I need to see this LG
in person.

Back