LG L226WT 22" 3000:1 Contrast

HPIM0737.gif

Thanks for the pics mindaugas, may I ask where I could find a computer desk like yours?

cheers!

All you have to do is set the desktop resolution to something less than native (1680x1050) and see if there is an option somewhere in the OSD to do 1:1. I linked the PDF manual in an earlier post, and there is no mention of this function. My guess is, that it does not do it.

Why do you need an interpolution control on your display if it is connected to your computer? I mean you can control the interpolution behaviour in your graphic cards driver. In case you connect the display to a device that doesn't offer this options e.g. a dvd player or a gaming console it is a nice feature though.

The first option streches any signal to fullscreen. The second option forces any signal lower then 1680x1050 to be displayed with the native resolution of your display. This causes black bars all around your image. Their size depend on the resolution you have chosen. The lower the resolution, the bigger the black bars. The third option streches your signal to fullscreen again while keeping the aspect ratio. You can see black bars either on the left and right or on top and buttom. (Sorry for the bad language. I haven't used it for a while.)

Why do you need an interpolution control on your display if it is connected to your computer? I mean you can control the interpolution behaviour in your graphic cards driver. In case you connect the display to a device that doesn't offer this options e.g. a dvd player or a gaming console it is a nice feature though.

The first option streches any signal to fullscreen. The second option forces any signal lower then 1680x1050 to be displayed with the native resolution of your display. This causes black bars all around your image. Their size depend on the resolution you have chosen. The lower the resolution, the bigger the black bars. The third option streches your signal to fullscreen again while keeping the aspect ratio. You can see black bars either on the left and right or on top and buttom. (Sorry for the bad language. I haven't used it for a while.)

Well it wouldn't be for the pc but if he doesn't have a console he can check and see if it has it using the pc or whatever. Hope that makes sense.

Could you have a look on the OSD of your display and try to find an option which looks like the following picture is showing?

If you find that option, start a computergame of your choice and set the resolution to 1024x768. Then open your OSD menu of your display and set it to 1:1. If you cannot find that option in your OSD menu then first adjust your graphics driver so it uses the native resolution (as explained in my last posting) and then start the game.

isn't that the ez zoom?

"If we "EZ ZOOMING" L226WT standards from the 1680 to 1440 × 1050 × 900 resolution adjustment, In other words : It is the 22-inch LCD will become Kuanbing 19-inch LCD Kuanbing. The official explanation is that it gives greater font looks easy reading. 但由于不是标准分辨率,画面的字体其实有些发虚。However, instead of standard-resolution screen and the size of some of guilty. 小编以为,如果在L204WT身上加入“EZ ZOOMING”功能的话会好一些,毕竟20英寸宽屏LCD点距确实小了一些。Xiaobian thought that if found in L204WT adding "EZ ZOOMING" function of the Council better. After all, 20-inch LCD Kuanbing position are some really small."

or do you mean oposite of that?

1. 640 x 350 (70 Hz)
2. 720 x 400 (70 Hz)
3. 640 x 480 (60/75 Hz)
4. 800 x 600 (60/75 Hz)
5. 832 x 624 (75 Hz)
6. 1024x768(60/75Hz)
7. 1152 x 870 (75 Hz)
8. 1152x900 (65 Hz)
9. 1280x1024(60/75Hz)
10. 1680x1050(60 Hz)

Pushing the ez-zoom key on you display while you are running it with the resolution of 1680x1050 will reduce the resolution to 1280x1024. If you have 1280x1024 resolution then ez-zoom will switch to 1152x900 and so on ... . This will increase the size of your icons as long as your desktop is streched to fullscreen. If you prefer using the native resolution of your display this option won't satisfy you because the image quality will be affected due to the interpolution. If you set your graphic cards driver as I described this feature won't work the way it was meant at all. Therefore, LG notes:
The setting method can differ by O/S or video card. In this case, Please ask to the computer or the video card manufacturer.

there is no option for 1:1 in the OSD or Forte manager. if I lower the res it just stretches everything, EZ Zoom lowers the res but it looks nicer than non-native res on any other monitor. I doubt it supports 1:1 though since there is no option. the only real way to test would be to hook up a PS3

Again: Any TFT connected with a computer supports 1:1. But only very few TFT have a menu to control it.

Do you have a nVidia or AMD/ATI card in your notebook?

Guys is it possible the whole 2ms mess is because the 2ms value is for GTG while the 5 ms is for white to black measurements?

That might be another explanation...but I've seen about three others so, suffice to say, we're all kinda in the dark right now regarding this.

As mentioned above though, it doesn't make sense that these would be two different panels. So I'm starting to believe there was a mis-print somewhere along the lines, but I would still like official word on what exactly is different between the WT, WA, and WT - BF.

Isn't this very much depending on the adjustment of a display?
The brightness is often set to high. Lowering the brightness will reduce this effect significantly.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. This monitor can be very bright, as I've seen, so I'm wondering how much that's perhaps contributing (I usually have to turn brightness down to half, anyways, with any monitor I use because of brightness-sensitivity).

Nvidia 7900GS :)

You've been really helpful thus far. May I make another (simple) request?

Could you take a picture of a really dark scene (of like a game or movie) with the light in your room turned off? Take one with the monitor at full brightness, and then another with brightness set to half. The darker / consistent the screen, the better for this observation (for backlight bleeding.)

Sirs
I'm am in my second day with a WT-BF. Four units arrived in pittsburgh at one BB location only.
Just happend to walk in.
Now I'm glad I did. My 6yr old NEC 1850 expired.

This Monitor is fast and steady, Dynamics? eh....
I use an Autumnwave GT USB hdtv tuner PVR, No lag on screen and get a Sharp 16:9 High def picture.
Basketball Game was intense. No jerking or smearing. A New PC expirence for me.

Bleed is hardly noticeable, this panel and all lcd panels should have a cast frame instead of a stamped frame to solve bleed through.
Stand doesn't pan, rotate or rise. I'm using a connect3d 9550 no fan.
I'm set up for Audio production. Viewing angle pretty good, better than I expected.

Real Nice Panel. I was expecting a three year warrenty, 45 buck BB warrenty.

Turning the Gamma Off after reset is my lone adjustment after reset. That solves the brightness for me.

Squish

Sirs
I'm am in my second day with a WT-BF. Four units arrived in pittsburgh at one BB location only.
Just happend to walk in.
Now I'm glad I did. My 6yr old NEC 1850 expired.

This Monitor is fast and steady, Dynamics? eh....
I use an Autumnwave GT USB hdtv tuner PVR, No lag on screen and get a Sharp 16:9 High def picture.
Basketball Game was intense. No jerking or smearing. A New PC expirence for me.

Bleed is hardly noticeable, this panel and all lcd panels should have a cast frame instead of a stamped frame to solve bleed through.
Stand doesn't pan, rotate or rise. I'm using a connect3d 9550 no fan.
I'm set up for Audio production. Viewing angle pretty good, better than I expected.

Real Nice Panel. I was expecting a three year warrenty, 45 buck BB warrenty.

Turning the Gamma Off after reset is my lone adjustment after reset. That solves the brightness for me.

Squish

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Hmmm...

Do you think it's in best buy's interest to tag it on the shelf and website as a 1 year?

I have twelve days to buy the warrenty. Boy I sure hope it's three with LG.

I repair IBM, Gateway laptops. Bad pixels are a rare, we used to get alot.
We told them take it back or we won't buy your laptops for our Program. At 600 laptops a year, they said no prob.

Your correct! Its Three years parts and labour, I just read the warranty. 1 Year on the Backlight, LG pays freight both ways. 2nd or 3rg customer pays freight one way LG pays going back.
The lights almost never go out, its usually a fusistor on the inverter. I fix out of warranty Nec' and gateways now and then.

BTW I'm using Vista Business edition. The graphics rating went from 3.3 to 5.9 when I installed this monitor.

graphics rating? is that vista thing or a program for testing monitors quality?

It's the Vista peformance rating. It's in the OS.

It covers:
Processor cps,
RAM ops,
Aero desktop performance,
3d gaming performance,
HDD dtr.
Pretty slick.

My wife say's get the BB warranty.. Cool.

Squish

cool, but why would adding the monitor then change the rating? it doesnt seem like it would be able to measure that properly.

Maybe it can see the monitor, it does blank during the rating process.
It' digital, my Nec was not, after I installed the Vista driver from the cd, the rating went up.
It takes about three minutes for the Rating to complete. It does Tax the system.

It tells me I need a processor upgrade.

Squish

I got mine today... at first colors were really washed out at default settings... I messed around with the brightness and contrast and really wasn't getting a picture that I wanted... colors were still washed... so, I set the gamma to zero or at the lowest level and voila, colors are awesome!!! I fired up WoW and I am VERY VERY pleased with what I see not to mention the game was meant to be played Widescreen mode...

I highly recommend this product!

i dunno it just seems like while it may be able to detect a monitor that it wouldnt be able to gauge performance of it so descreetly as to assign it a rating like it would with ram or a graphics card (like, i couldnt imagine it being able to tell you to "upgrade your monitor, it's color reporoduction and response rate are unsatisfactory".

Sir spincut

Yea I here ya. but 3.3 to 5.9 is an octave leap.

My NEC went south about 2 weeks ago, I have changed nothing, just added the driver and monitor.

I'll guess it's Aero Glass Voodoo. Mabye something to this Aero glass process after all.

Squish

I got mine today... at first colors were really washed out at default settings... I messed around with the brightness and contrast and really wasn't getting a picture that I wanted... colors were still washed... so, I set the gamma to zero or at the lowest level and voila, colors are awesome!!! I fired up WoW and I am VERY VERY pleased with what I see not to mention the game was meant to be played Widescreen mode...

I highly recommend this product!

Sir Raphash

Washed isn't the word, I'd say the colors were "Blooming" with the gamma on.

Squish

Sir spincut

Yea I here ya. but 3.3 to 5.9 is an octave leap.

My NEC went south about 2 weeks ago, I have changed nothing, just added the driver and monitor.

I'll guess it's Aero Glass Voodoo. Mabye something to this Aero glass process after all.

Squish

your nec broke? hopefully not a 20WMGX2 model (otherwise you may have traded down).

So I'm still not seeing why this is worth the price increase from other 22'' LCDs. From the posts, I hear there's standard backlight bleed and you gotta do some serious configuring the to the defaults before color looks decent. It doesn't even come with a DVI cable. And is it really a good monitor when you need to reduce the gamma to 0 before using?

Man I wish I could see a head to head comparison with the new 22'' samsung. I have $400 and wanna buy something.

Both monitors have dynamic 3000:1 contrast
but static contrast is 700:1 vs LG's 1000:1 i believe!

Could someone confirm this?

I'm dying for info on the L226wa. im hoping for hdmi and component. swedish sites list it has both but is it coming tothe us soon?

Thanks for the pics mindaugas, may I ask where I could find a computer desk like yours?

cheers!

hey sorry for the late reply buddy, didn't see the post. I got that desk at American Furniture Warehouse here in Denver. It only cost me like $60 too, just had to build it. Its cheap pressboard but works well, I just grabed the desk with the largest keyboard tray, my chair won't raise high enough to reach a normal desk so I had to resort to a tray

Back