LG L204WT: 5ms and 2000:1 contrast

I'm just so damn happy that my paycheck didn't come until yesterday, I was planning on heading down to best buy to pick up a 203. God bless LG. *bows*

You may find those specs to be misleading, but I can't wait for some people to buy the them and report back their findings-- intersting to say the least, but very suspicious IMO.

Well, i'm happy to play the role of "lab rat" since i already had my sights set on the previous version :) I'll get you guys more info as soon as it's available

Hmm count me in as suspicious right now due to the price being so low. I'm currently waiting for a dell deal to get the 2007wfp or if no dell deal comes up within the next couple of months, I may just get it when they put it on sale at $509 like they've been doing every other week.

Wow, super ugly bases. And I agree with the suspicion on the specs. If you are putting any faith into lcd manufacturer specs, you simply haven't been doing your research. We've gone over it a million times, they mean practically nothing. Chances are its a "dynamic" contrast, or some other trick.

OlIv0rIolI said:
I am going to take a dive If the panel is AS-IPS and 23" and with led backlighting

You should actually read the specs of the monitor and may want to get a CRT as you are expecting way too much for 400.

2000! the way things are going, in the future, we are not gonna need light bulbs. computer monitor alone will bright everything in your room.

2000:1 is a contrast ratio and not the brightness rating of this monitor.
To you point though it's almost guaranteed to be way too bright though - definitely an emerging trend. High contrast without high brightness is possible (which would actually result in blacks that look more like black and less like gray,) but for some reason monitor makers think we need our eyebulbs seared.

Maybe they can alter the wavelength slightly, and it can give you a tan while you play !
Kill the moniker of pasty white computer gamers.

well fortuantly thats only on their dream series or w/ever its called. the flatrons are normal and nicely modern/stylish bases

these new technologies are interesting. which way, are we going, what new specs are coming for lcds?

OlIv0rIolI said:
I am going to take a dive If the panel is AS-IPS and 23" and with led backlighting

led backlighting? lg currently doesn't offer any led lcds, just nec, and that costs over $2k for a 19" so don't hold your breath. you're just can't pay honda civic price and expect a mercedes car.

Outrigger said:
led backlighting? lg currently doesn't offer any led lcds, just nec, and that costs over $2k for a 19" so don't hold your breath. you're just can't pay honda civic price and expect a mercedes car.

You are sort of right. NEC is the only company that offers it but it is 21 inches and cost roughly $5000.

Not sure what that other poster was talking about 23" AS-IPS with LED. I dont think that monitor contains any of that. It is more likely LG is quoting things like Dynamic Contrast Ratio to get those specs.

how do these LGs especially there widescreen ones compare to the VX2025WM.
I am in search of a good widescreen LCD for Movies, editting software, and Gaming. Would be cool if I could find one with component/composite inputs to allow plug-in support for xbox, etc is that right?

Anyways these new LGs seem very powerful.

Another note about AS-IPS.

If looks like the new 20, 24, 26 inch panels from LG-Phillips are A-TW-IPS panels. I believe this stands for Advanced-True White-IPS.

The NEC 2090UXi currently uses this panel and the 24 and 26 inch monitors will use it too.

Is this in succession to S-IPS and AS-IPS? It also could be that they're using (their own) panel that the NEC uses and then overcharging or whatever for the better response time.

travbomb said:
If looks like the new 20, 24, 26 inch panels from LG-Phillips are A-TW-IPS panels. I believe this stands for Advanced-True White-IPS.
too.

Do you know any monitors that will be using those new IPS-panels?

It's possible that the new LG 20" (l204wt) will be since the response time doesn't correlate to any current panel.

placebo said:
It's possible that the new LG 20" (l204wt) will be since the response time doesn't correlate to any current panel.

With viewing angles of 160 / 160 it is sure to be TN. Not so good.

Cuthalu said:
Do you know any monitors that will be using those new IPS-panels?

Right now the only monitor using A-TW-IPS panel is the NEC 2090UXi.

The NEC 2490 and 2690 will both also use this panel.

That is all I am aware of at this point.

Stereophile said:
They are definitely TN.
I'm looking at the L194WT.

Is that IPS. Could I stick 2 15 inchers next to that like you can stick two 17 inchers next to the 20 inch wt.

Back