LG is developing OLED panels for Gaming Monitors

https://www.oled-info.com/lg-display-start-producing-mid-size-woled-panels-demand-tvs-declines

Another update on OLED info yeah I don't think people want to pay the premium for OLED TVs the 55" is 1,400 at Walmart they have a 65" one too for a few 100 more. Joe Average just sees a TV as a TV.
OLED sets helped rescue LG's TV business, I'd say — the problem is that there's diminishing room for growth in the premium TV space, and many people just chase after screen size instead of quality. Give someone a $1,500 budget and they'll typically buy a crappy 75-inch set over a top-flight 55-inch model.

https://www.oled-info.com/lg-display-start-producing-mid-size-woled-panels-demand-tvs-declines

Another update on OLED info yeah I don't think people want to pay the premium for OLED TVs the 55" is 1,400 at Walmart they have a 65" one too for a few 100 more. Joe Average just sees a TV as a TV.
You can find OLEDs for a lot cheaper then Walmart. But yea the average Joe doesn't care. Price and size is what matters to most people when it comes to a TV. People look at me like I am crazy when I tell them I spend $1800 for 65" OLED several years ago. Telling me I got ripped off and they could of gotten me a 65" for $500. One woman though she got the deal of the century when she brought a 65" Westinghouse TV for $350.

Last edited:
You can find OLEDs for a lot cheaper then Walmart. But yea the average Joe doesn't care. Price and size is what matters to most people when it comes to a TV. People look at me like I am crazy when I tell them I spend $1800 for 65" OLED several years ago. Telling me I got ripped off and they could of gotten me a 65" for $500. One woman though she got the deal of the century when she brought a 65' Westinghouse TV for $350.
There are many who can't visually identify the differences between a cheap and a high-end panel, and even if you can unless the environment is ideal and the panels are completely color tuned it's not generally a big difference. For many, the larger size is a better benefit than the higher quality.

It's just a regular monitor with RGB lighting on it. Whenever something has the phrase "gaming" on it, they just add lights and bump up the price.

A guy at work was really excited after getting an OLED tv, and just got one of the OLED monitors (I think 38'~ish), and came to work gushing about how amazing stuff like Alien: Isolation, Cyberpunk, and Control looked.

A guy at work was really excited after getting an OLED tv, and just got one of the OLED monitors (I think 38'~ish), and came to work gushing about how amazing stuff like Alien: Isolation, Cyberpunk, and Control looked.
I mean the Alienware aw3423dw looks insanely awesome on any game, so I get it.

Darker games just POP in a way you can't believe.

It's all about ONN TV panels and Vizio one year we loaded these cheap TVs in the back of cars stacking to the ceiling with Mountain Dew bottles and Dog Food only to find their Vizio they had a Ticket for wouldn't fit. Pita Black Friday special they wanted their TVs fast dumb guy I was working with almost tore my Arm off with his TV delivery service just trying to please these Black Friday Crazies.

I loaded a TV in the Back of a Car Seat and it stuck out like 3 feet then they complained I was like you wanted it Back there so there you go.

OLED sets helped rescue LG's TV business, I'd say — the problem is that there's diminishing room for growth in the premium TV space, and many people just chase after screen size instead of quality. Give someone a $1,500 budget and they'll typically buy a crappy 75-inch set over a top-flight 55-inch model.

yeah, after getting my eyes bled dry by the white glow of my first-gen lg ips htpc, it was either switch to VA, or OLED
b7 seemed to have enough built-in protections top set my mind at-ease (and combined with windows 10 dark mode plus Firefox dark mode extension plus black screensaver, five years later there is no burn-in)

Web Os is the other half of that beautiful TV experience- tizen sucks fat monkey balls! LG updated the TV for over 4 years!

I would love to have a 4k oled panel from LG that is n35 inches or less. ( I think i could handle larger than my other gaming monitors, as there is no back-light bleed.)

Last edited:
It's all about ONN TV panels and Vizio one year we loaded these cheap TVs in the back of cars stacking to the ceiling with Mountain Dew bottles and Dog Food only to find their Vizio they had a Ticket for wouldn't fit. Pita Black Friday special they wanted their TVs fast dumb guy I was working with almost tore my Arm off with his TV delivery service just trying to please these Black Friday Crazies.

I loaded a TV in the Back of a Car Seat and it stuck out like 3 feet then they complained I was like you wanted it Back there so there you go.
People are dumb. When I worked warehouse at Best Buy in the 90s they had outrageous requests. Like a dude wanted a stove put in the trunk of his car, shocker it didn't fit. Another was some guy wanted a 36" tube TV in the front seat of his van. I mean you have a whole van with nothing in the back. I ended up cracking his windshield.

Back