LG increases production of OLED Gaming Monitors

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Screenshot_20230503-154533.png

https://www.oled-info.com/lg-report...ecreased-sales-demand-sluggish-delays-p10-fab

Good news at least LG isn't going to stop gaming monitor production even if sales are down for TVs. Surprised the sales of the monitors in the 1st quarter didn't make a dent.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Still waiting on 32", 4k, 120+Hz, 100% DCI-P3, 75%+ Rec2020, HDR1000. As soon as that's around $1000, I am sold. If it's around $1500, it might be a tipping point.

But, the more that get produced and sold in the mean time, the faster I'll get what I want.

There is little reason any LG OLED owners of anything C9 onward to upgrade to newer TV.
Improvements do not come fast enough to accumulate enough for bringing new quality. Heck, LG still didn't resolve near black chrominance overshoot on their TVs despite some other manufacturers using their products did.

Their monitors have it too and its very irritating and can easily ruin dark scenes.
Probably best to wait until they resolve all that.

Not the same washed-out crap every year again. They made great TVs based off of a shitty panel tech, but it's time to adopt something else.

There is little reason any LG OLED owners of anything C9 onward to upgrade to newer TV.
Improvements do not come fast enough to accumulate enough for bringing new quality. Heck, LG still didn't resolve near black chrominance overshoot on their TVs despite some other manufacturers using their products did.

Their monitors have it too and its very irritating and can easily ruin dark scenes.
Probably best to wait until they resolve all that.
You've already explained the answer. We just care that they pump out panels. It's more than acceptable to buy some other brand using LG panels that do have electronics that are better corrected. Though I have to say I'd probably get the LG instead of the ACER for that 2.5k OLED panel that LG released. In that particular case it was trade-offs depending on which issues you'd rather have.

So, I don't disagree with you. But the more they iterate and they more people harp on this stuff, the more likely it will get to where it needs to be before I pull the trigger.

Back