LG GWA-4161B Problems

Elmo187

Limp Gawd
My friend just bought an LG 4161B and is having trouble burning. Whenever he tries to burn a dvd or cd, he gets an DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. With a stop: 0x00000001 (0x00040000, 0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00040000). CD's usually actually burn, but it blue screens once the CD hits 100%, when burning DVD's they may hit 100%, 25% or they may make it to only 2% before blue screening.

I can't find anything in the MS knowledge base that relates to this situation, I know his ram is good, I tested it when he was having overheating problems earlier, temps are good now. I'm kinda stumped. There are no available firmware or driver updates for this drive.

Any ideas?

He's using Nero. Now that I think about it, it is a compaq, and a couple years old with 2 HDD's + this burner. Could be the power supply not providing enough juice.

Elmo187 said:
He's using Nero. Now that I think about it, it is a compaq, and a couple years old with 2 HDD's + this burner. Could be the power supply not providing enough juice.
Also, is the Windows IMAPI burning service disabled?

Ok, well the IMAPI service is on manual, and re-installing nero didn't help. I had him try with only one HDD hooked up, thinking it might be a power issue, but that didn't help either. I'll have to get him to check the power supply specs.

I'm really stumped here, any more ideas?

Seems to have been a problem with his audio drivers, disabled his creative soundblaster card and he can now burn fine.

That's strange? I wonder why an audio driver would conflict with it? I wouldn't think that it would be an IRQ problem.

I'm not really sure. I haven't actually sat down at his computer, I've just been talking him through things over MSN, so I didn't go too in depth.

Back