LG G6 (Android 8) won't remember default Home Screen setting

NattyKathy

[H]ard|Gawd
I've had Microsoft Launcher set as the default Home the whole time I've had this phone (since last summer) and it's never been an issue, but starting in the past few days when I press the Home button or swipe to exit all apps I get a popup asking to choose which Home Screen to use. I keep selecting Microsoft Launcher and ticking the "Use as default app" box and verifying that it is set as the default in the "Default Apps" control panel and it will remember the setting briefly but I keep getting the same message again, not every time but consistently. Any ideas? I can't uninstall or disable any of the other Home Screen apps because they're the ones that came with the phone.

This started happening to me about 10 days ago. I'm trying to find out anything I can. Also LG G6. Something changed but I have no idea what.

Being a tireless geek, I keep looking for solutions. Yesterday I went into Apps, found EasyHome (LG provided app) and could not remove or disable it, but I could force stop. Since I did that, I'm now returned to the last Microsoft Launcher page in use--exactly as it had been for a couple of years. I assume I will have to force stop of EasyHome every time I restart the phone. I will check back in with anything else I find.

thanks for looking into this and sharing your findings! strangely, my phone seems to have stopped the weirdness all on its own leaving me none the wiser as to why it was doing that. very strange.

Back