LG G5 specs leaked (5.3", SD 820, full metal)

Would you buy?

• YAY!

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • NAY!

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • IT'S A TRAP!

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters
I like the thought of it being a 5.3".. Actually wouldn't mind smaller with the v series going big. Basically what Samsung is doing rather then trying to run in the middle.

I'm hoping for a better camera then my g4 though. Not really needed as this camera is already awesome, but would not complain if it was better. And a smaller overall size would also make it a sure buy for me.

I like the thought of it being a 5.3".. Actually wouldn't mind smaller with the v series going big. Basically what Samsung is doing rather then trying to run in the middle.

I'm hoping for a better camera then my g4 though. Not really needed as this camera is already awesome, but would not complain if it was better. And a smaller overall size would also make it a sure buy for me.
Exactly my thoughts. Nothing frustrates me more than the idea that a phone needs to be 5.5" with QHD in order to qualify for flagship specs. How can every single Android OEM apart from Sony completely neglect the normal sized phone market? I want 1080p at 5" max with everything else top notch with battery life and a camera that doesn't suck.

Right now the HTC A9 and OnePlus X are the two best phones on the market IMO. The rest of the market is mostly overspec'd bullshit to please spec whores. Speaking to you Nexus 6P, G3, G4, V10, Moto X...

The a9 lacking band 12 is a deal breaker for me and the 5x is too big. Dimensionally it's almost the same size as the g4 except with much lesser hardware.

Won't buy it with buttons on the back. .
At first I thought it was really weird with the buttons on the back like on my previous G3, but when I upgraded to the Galaxy S6, the buttons on the back just make much more sense. I miss it.

^^^
This. At first I thought it was stupid, but after a day or two I got used to it and now wouldn't be happy with side mounted buttons. They're just as easy to reach when you want to, and you're less likely to hit one accidentally. Also, the first thing I do with any new phone in the last several years is install Gravity Screen, so other than volume adjustment I never actually touch the buttons.

Yup I agree.
Buttons on the back are so much better IMO.
Never a random butt dial. Never accidentally turns off by pressing against it. And it looks nicer too imo.

Exactly my thoughts. Nothing frustrates me more than the idea that a phone needs to be 5.5" with QHD in order to qualify for flagship specs. How can every single Android OEM apart from Sony completely neglect the normal sized phone market? I want 1080p at 5" max with everything else top notch with battery life and a camera that doesn't suck.

Right now the HTC A9 and OnePlus X are the two best phones on the market IMO. The rest of the market is mostly overspec'd bullshit to please spec whores. Speaking to you Nexus 6P, G3, G4, V10, Moto X...

Yep agreed it frustrates me to no end the choices in new phones under 5" there are. I have the Z3c and think it's fantastic, but I would love to have had more options because Sony's phones definitely have faults, too.

The latest G5 rumors, as of this past week (courtesy PhoneArena):

"LG confirmed for us last week that a "major" phone announcement is in store for its February 21st event, which can be a telltale sign of the G5 arriving just a day before the official MWC expo kickoff next week. Not only that, but we learned that this time LG is planning to take on the Galaxy S7 directly, announcing its flagship on the same day, and introducing an all-metal body with a potentially ingenious method to pop out the removable battery."

Just one more month to wait for the Galaxy S7 killer! :D

Kinda sucks for G4 owners, they already got crapped on by the V10, now they get a 9 month life cycle as the latest G phone. LG doesn't really give much of an incentive to buy their G phones immediately at launch, since they consistently get discounted significantly within a few months after launch. With all the promos and discounts the G2, G3, and G4 got, they were all almost around $300 used (just being resold as new) on Swappa within a few months or new on some other random retailers. You can get the G4 now for $250ish, whereas the GS6 is still going for $350ish on Swappa.

Not saying that makes them a bad phone, as I would probably prefer them over any Samsung now. It just kinda burns the early adopters more so than getting any other phone, knowing they paid top dollar for it only a couple months before it went on sale, when Samsung phones pretty much stay the same price until the next gen comes out.

I really wanted to like LG, but I can't buy their phones anymore. I kept them for the removable battery and sd card, but my wife and I have had too many issues with them. She even made it a point to me when we get new phone she does not want an LG phone again. Just too many issues with them.

G2: My phone and it just started going crazy. You could not do anything on it because it was going from screen to screen, opening apps, closing apps, etc.

G3: My G3 actually was pretty good as far as I can recall.
G3: My wife wasn't so lucky. Something about the antennae went bad and it couldn't find service. It had to be sent int to be repaired.

G4: My G4 had issues from day 1. I made a post here and made about 12 trips to Sprint stores for it finally be diagnosed that it was faulty. It had the half screen bug, along with a bunch of others. I was given a replacement. My replacement lasted 3 months and the camera died; front and back. It's been like this a month, but I left it alone b/c I couldn't get to a repair store till today. It is at a Sprint store right now being looked at.

G4: My wife's G4 decided it just did not want to turn on Monday. It is at a Sprint store being looked at right now.

Both G4's are most likely going to be sent back and us given replacements. I really hope it's not a faulty version and one that is fixed, but it's just whatever they have at the warehouse.

If the G5 does have removable storage, then that is great, but that'd be the only thing I'd like from the phone. I'll probably go back to Samsung for our upgrades. We'll just have to update dropbox more often and keep a charger around now. :(

The updates for LG is pretty horrible too. I know it probably won't be much better for Samsung, but I hate dealing with LG support.

Yup I agree.
Buttons on the back are so much better IMO.
Never a random butt dial. Never accidentally turns off by pressing against it. And it looks nicer too imo.

Once you go back (buttons), you never go...back?

One thing I'd like to see on the G5 is a flatter back. Trying to operate my G4 with it sitting on a flat surface is an act in futility.

Back