LG Flex LX3 4K 42″ Bendable OLED 120Hz

I flip flop between my G8 and C2. 120hz definitely isn't enough. At a 117hz frame cap my 4090 is drawing 180w in some games like Uncharted, Scorn, etc. If I still had a 3090 then yeah, I would consider 120hz a healthy refresh rate but the 4090 bumped up my frame rate by 50-60FPS per game. On the other end though a 4090 allows you to push resolution scale or use DLDSR indiscriminately with a 120hz display and it still is great for super heavy RT + DLSS3 like Cyberpunk 2077.

Here is an example of what's to come in UE5 where 120hz is okay but higher always = more flexibility:

The high end 4000 gpus are still bringing what was probably 1/3 to 2/3 of your "120fpsHz" peak Frame rate graph out of the low end, and on the more demanding games the whole graph was well below even that scenario. A 4000 gpu is not wasted on a 120hz 4k screen by any means.

The high end 4000 gpus are still bringing what was probably 1/3 to 2/3 of your "120fpsHz" peak Frame rate graph out of the low end, and on the more demanding games the whole graph was well below even that scenario. A 4000 gpu is not wasted on a 120hz 4k screen by any means.
The 1% Lows are still below 45fps in many games.

yeh, I meant the common fatter low ranges rather than 1% "potholes" but valid point for sure.

If you guys want to be stuck on 120Hz forever that's on you but the rest of us would like things to move forward even if it's just a little bit at a time. It's also not about the hardware being able to push those kind of frame rates or not. 4K monitors came onto the scene WAY before any GPU was capable of actually playing games at 4K above 30fps, it wasn't like 4K monitors only came about once we had the Pascal generation from nvidia.

Last edited:
It's all good. Not saying higher Hz isn't a good idea, all the way on the road to 1000Hz. Just saying - 4000 gpu isn't really overkill for a 4k 120hz screen, especially since we are talking averages not solid frame rates.

Last edited:
On the other end though a 4090 allows you to push resolution scale or use DLDSR indiscriminately[/MEDIA]

Yeah now that I have a 4k120hz monitor on my measley 5700xt I've at least been able to go back and play some DX9 games at 6k or 8k scaled down to 4k and it makes a noticeable difference in image quality.

Back