LG C9 Owner

silents

n00b
Are you guys waiting for AMD Big Navi or just getting Nvidia since LG decided last year model is not important enough to get a firmware update for freesync. I wish the 3080 has 12 g VRAM so it can be a little more future prove.

Are you guys waiting for AMD Big Navi or just getting Nvidia since LG decided last year model is not important enough to get a firmware update for freesync. I wish the 3080 has 12 g VRAM so it can be a little more future prove.
It still has VRR. I am waiting to see what AMD has and/or 3080ti.

I have a C8, and 2080S currently. Witcher 3 looks amazing on it. I expect Cyberpunk will too, but I doubt the 2080S will be able to do 4k/60, so I think a 3080 is in my future. If I had one of the two newer models with VRR, I might be tempted to stick with the 2080S.

Last edited:

In theory, and GPU that can handle HDMI 2.1 VRR should be able to get VRR on the C9. The whole "Gsync Compatible" deal was just NVIDIA backporting HDMI VRR so people could get VRR on those sets.

In theory, and GPU that can handle HDMI 2.1 VRR should be able to get VRR on the C9. The whole "Gsync Compatible" deal was just NVIDIA backporting HDMI VRR so people could get VRR on those sets.
So I did more digging and VRR can only do 40 - 60 Hz at 4k. Anyone knows if that is the case because HDMI 2.1 hasn't been out/tested yet. Since HDMI 2.1 recently came out , the range on VRR at 4k could change to 40 - 120 Hz.

So I did more digging and VRR can only do 40 - 60 Hz at 4k. Anyone knows if that is the case because HDMI 2.1 hasn't been out/tested yet. Since HDMI 2.1 recently came out , the range on VRR at 4k could change to 40 - 120 Hz.
No idea on 4k120 but my c9 does 1440 at 120 and I believe the range is 40-120? All I know is it's slik smooth at 120fps

The C9 and CX quote 40-120Hz. I know many freesync displays have limited refresh windows (due to how Freesync works), but VRR isn't necessarily bound to any particular refresh window.

I have a CX coming on saturday. I mostly just write code all day. Anything special to do for 120hz desktop?

Back