LG and Google announce the Nexus 4

My N4 took a tumble today, first phone I've dropped in like 4 years. Of course, the front glass is a spiderweb. Back on my Nokia 920 for now... I want to shoot something

My Nexus 4 giving me decent battery life. I am running the official CM10.1 Nighlty + Matr1x kernel v8.5, no special settings, just flashed the kernel let it do it's thing. 14 hours with 12% left, majority on 3G, only like 3 hours of it on WiFi. I made a ton of phone calls that day, a million texts, used GPS/Nav, surfed the web, sent and received quite a few e-mails.

LG now working on the Nexus 5 apparently.

Yep, due out at the annual Nexus release time of November, like every other Nexus phone.

Nexus-Five, running Android 5.0, with a 5" 1080p screen, released on the 5th birthday of Android, this Fall.

That's a lot of fives, Google can market the device :)

Like Borat says "High, five"

Yep, due out at the annual Nexus release time of November, like every other Nexus phone.

Nexus-Five, running Android 5.0, with a 5" 1080p screen, released on the 5th birthday of Android, this Fall.

That's a lot of fives, Google can market the device :)

Like Borat says "High, five"

I'm just curious on how Google plans to approach the Nexus 5. Will they sell a Nexus 4 and N5 alongside each other like the 7 and 10, with the numbers representing screen sizes? Or, will the Nexus 5 (5th Nexus) be the successor to the Nexus 4 (4th Nexus)? There is room for Google to shrink the bezel (and perhaps the screen) and make a smaller Nexus 4 this fall (something like 4.5"-4.8") to go alongside a 5.2"-5.5" phablet, given that the phablet market is an expanding and popular niche. I could see a Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10.

As is always the case, we'll see. I have no insights into this.

I'm just curious on how Google plans to approach the Nexus 5. Will . ey sell a Nexus 4 and N5 alongside each other like the 7 and 10, with the numbers representing screen sizes? Or, will the Nexus 5 (5th Nexus) be the successor to the Nexus 4 (4th Nexus)? There is room for Google to shrink the bezel (and perhaps the screen) and make a smaller Nexus 4 this fall (something like 4.5"-4.8") to go alongside a 5.2"-5.5" phablet, given that the phablet market is an expanding and popular niche. I could see a Nexus 4, 5, 7, and 10.

As is always the case, we'll see. I have no insights into this.

When the Nexus-Five goes on sale this Oct/Nov, the Nexus 4 will stop production, and be done .

The Nexus-Five is the 5th generation nexus phone, they are released annually around November each year. When the new generation nexus phone comes out, they stop selling the previous gen.

When the Nexus-Five goes on sale this Oct/Nov, the Nexus 4 will stop production, and be done .

The Nexus-Five is the 5th generation nexus phone, they are released annually around November each year. When the new generation nexus phone comes out, they stop selling the previous gen.

So in two and a half years, we'll see a Nexus 7 phone? :)

Updated to 4.3, it was not a huge upgrade for the end user but it does have some features, that have not been mentioned much on tech sites, for the end user for the N4 at least.

It does feature the new camera software which I didn't notice being mentioned. So the the new improved UI, a countdown timer now, and also best of all being able to use the volume buttons (either + or -) as shutter buttons.

Also you can now manage app permissions such as denying app access to certain permissions. Haven't played around with this yet though. I've heard people doing things like denying facebook access to contacts for instance without impacting the actual running of the program.

Can't really comment on battery life improvements since I never really noticed much of an issue with it before with my usage pattern so I never paid attention to it.

Don't notice any performance differences that I can really be sure aren't placebo.

Did you load 4.3 yourself or did it show up OTA?

I did it myself. The official images are up. OTA for 4.2.2 I think took several weeks for me, so I didn't bother to wait this time, was looking forward to the camera changes.

Found this at a Nexus 4 forum.
If u want OTA 4.3 then go to Settings ->Apps-> All Apps -> Find Google Service Framework -> Clear Data -> Force stop then go and check for updates. Do this until u get the 4.3 update. It took me 12 tries (which is 3 mins).

Worked for me first try over WiFi.

Just be aware that the update trick may cause other apps to fail to update. To fix you will have to remove your Gmail account from the phone, delete the app data for Google Play, Google Services Framework and Download Manger. Re-add your Gmail account and then restart the phone.

Back