LG 65EF9500 65" 4K UHD 3D OLED Smart HDTV $2849 - eBay

Input Lag
: 53.5 ms
With Interpolation
: 120.1 ms
Outside Game Mode
: 54.5 ms
Anything higher than 25ms is a deal breaker for me.

Whats the future when it comes to TV's anyway, OLED or Ultra HD from Samsung?

Im actually surprised Samsung isnt putting more effort towards OLED tvs.

OLED is by far the best image quality you can get but so far I haven't seen any with low input lag so for gaming, especially PC gaming, I can't recommend them. Samsung and Vizio have been the best as far as Low Input lag from what I have seen.

Also UHD is just the new terminology for 4K display.

OLED is by far the best image quality you can get but so far I haven't seen any with low input lag so for gaming, especially PC gaming, I can't recommend them. Samsung and Vizio have been the best as far as Low Input lag from what I have seen.

Also UHD is just the new terminology for 4K display.
Well the point of these TVs is to be used as....TVs and casual gaming.

Well the point of these TVs is to be used as....TVs and casual gaming.

Even for casual gaming it's barely any good. The lag between the stick and TV is too noticeable and with the steam controller its even worse. I have a recliner setup with a M/KB and can't imagine playing a shooter or anything with mouse movement at 50ms+ lag.

Only the higher end models and the stupid curved one have decent input lag. But still not good enough compared to el cheapo LCDs.

Used to work at bestbuy as Lg Expert. This OLED is too much for the price.

One of the best tv's as far as price x PQ (Pic Quality) is the new vizio. Also, they have one of the best input lags ever shown in the market.

Samsung is working on something called QLED, which kinda works like OLED as an emmisive pixel tech, but promised to be cheaper and without the image retention and burn in drawbacks. I don't know when it will be a available or if it will be as good as it claims to be.

Currently while the picture quality is excellent on OLED there are some drawbacks. (you can do some searching and find tons of material on that.)

There are some interesting technologies that aren't necessarily new, but things present on higher end displays now brought to mainstream, like Vizio's P Series (2016 models) having full array local dimming.

Sony just announced something called "master backlight" which is super dense FALD backlighting (many many zones). It's in the "Z9" series of TVs from them, and priced really high... I think they're banking on folks who are afraid of image retention from OLED, but want close to OLED image accuracy paying a premium for that?

That tech is aimed at providing light where it's needed, while preserving blacks.

Personally I just went with a Samsung KS8500 at 55" to be used as a main monitor now. It's got around 20ms input lag so quite good for gaming, etc. Color and contrast is nice, and blacks are decent. But yeah... If I were buying a 4K TV now and couldn't get an OLED, I'd pick up a Samsung, or Vizio P. I'd stay away from the Sony's offerings right now. Personally I tried a X850D and the black color was actually grey. (pretty bad blacks at all settings, nice color, but gaming was fine.) The X930D from Sony has better blacks, but bad input lag. lol. Can't win.

The KS8000 and KS8500 are not best in class according to rtings.com, but good all-rounders, with good input lag. They're edge lit, so they don't have perfect blacks, etc. but I think it's the closest we'll get on moderately priced traditional LCD TVs to OLED, without paying a hefty premium and without the OLED image retention shortcomings. (image retention is a big deal if using it as a monitor and for extended gaming.)

Last edited:
^ Thanks for knowledge

I'm looking at 55"/65" tvs myself for our living room. Still gun shy because the prices are still up there.

I think the newer 2016 models are 35ms, some people find that as acceptable. I don't, but I will say the image quality is a game changer. OLED makes my IPS gaming monitor look like cheap garbage. But alas, I enjoy Gsync and more frames.

Back