LG 55C8 problem in Game Mode

So, I have a problem while in Game mode only on my C8. There is an oval shape in the center of the screen on grey slides (5/10% for example) and it grows and shrinks as if it's pulsating. It is not burn in and I'm wondering if others have this same problem on their C8.

If I switch to lets say ISF Dark Mode, it goes away completely so it is definitely a problem with Game Mode only.

Hope to hear back from someone soon, I'm still within the return window and wondering if I should do so or if this is completely normal for some reason.

Here is a picture of what I mean: (Not mine, but this is exactly what I am seeing)

attachment.jpg

To me it looks like that type burn-in they talk about and that scares me i use game mode. Found out LG C8 dont have FreeSync, im dispointed for price TV cost. Sorry not high jacking your thread, Just bought LG C8 55" few days ago at best buy stealer deal, but after seeing this, I might take it back LGand pick up the Samsung Q7F 55" /w Freesync few bucks cheaper.

I'd take it back and look at samsung Q7F or Q8F, they seem good. and dont have the burn-in the LG's do.

I went looking around for problem on LG C8's and here i found this on Avsforum forum.

I have about 40 hours on it so far, with about 6 days left to return it for a full refund. I know OLED's have been known to clear up after some cycles, but I'm not entirely sure this problem will. I've heard of banding clearing up, but not an oval in the middle of the screen. It's just odd that it's only there while in Game Mode and I'm afraid something is wrong with my panel.
That's either a burned-in shape (unlikely if new), or a clear fault, I'm afraid. That won't clear up with compensation cycles, it's a perfect shape!

Do you see if it you watch this clip using the built-in YouTube app in Game mode? (Skipping the pathetic deep-voice comedy routine at the start)

heres link https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-o...lg-c8-e8-owners-thread-no-price-talk-398.html, I hope i may post this, haven't posted in very very long time.

To me it looks like that type burn-in they talk about and that scares me i use game mode. Found out LG C8 dont have FreeSync, im dispointed for price TV cost. Sorry not high jacking your thread, Just bought LG C8 55" few days ago at best buy stealer deal, but after seeing this, I might take it back LGand pick up the Samsung Q7F 55" /w Freesync few bucks cheaper.

I'd take it back and look at samsung Q7F or Q8F, they seem good. and dont have the burn-in the LG's do.
The only respectable alternative to the C8 OLED would be the Q9, which right now is nearly twice the price of the C8.

So you notice this issue on a very specific 5% and 10% test, but when playing games do you actually notice the oval shape? Almost all IPS screens I have used over the last decade or longer have had some form of glow in the corners, but I never notice it when gaming so it isn't a concern for me.

Back