LG 43UD79 Information?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by burburbur, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

Also, the 43MU79-B is on sale today over at Newegg for $414 after 10% off using promo code EMCTATE34. Free shipping too. Lowest price I've seen yet.

2. vfXander

vfXander n00b

LG 43UD79 Information?

I'm having the same issue! I get the "The monitor software update was interrupted" no matter what.
    I bought my monitor a couple of weeks ago and almost immediately it started the blackout issue (turning off for a couple of seconds). I switched off the energy mode and updated the drivers on my computer, fixing it...
    Too bad the problem came back while playing my Xbox One X connected via HDMI at 60hz (I use the DP cable on my PC).
    I tried several cables and even installed OnScreen Control on three different computers, with no luck...
    I even tried the USB stick trick... I even installed the OnScreen Control version from the CD that came with the box, which was the 3.29 (the most current one is the 3.34).
    Anyone has an earlier version of OnScreen Control to share?
    Also, just to be sure, the .zip files I need to upload when I click on File Open is the LG_ULTRA_HD.zip from this page?
    My monitor was built in March 2019 if that helps.
    Everything else works perfectly (including the USB hub), so I'm not really sure where the problem is...

3. Titanic

Titanic n00b

Hello. It's really good. I don't have any problem whatsoever.
    Except I still don't understand the thing with the black levels.
    I have it to low which is the best, but when I use WinDVD I have to switch to high because low crushes blacks.
    I don't have this problem however with PowerDVD and other players.