LG 43UD79-B frimware

AORUS

Limp Gawd
1. I have tried to contact type C to Computer, to type C to Monitor Didn't work.
2. USB type A to Computer to type C monitor Didn't work
3. USB to computer to USB monitor Didn't work

new.jpg

It keep tell me to disconnect the connected monitor if I disconnect my DP cable I can't see to click on the update on the computer? how stupid.

I buy three type C to C cables none work then I buy two USB A to C cables still Didn't work

Someone said contact to USB 3.0 with the type c to adaptor A from LG and it will update Well didn't work.
Advice for those folks who try to update the firmware via USB-C.

Plug the cable in USB 2.0 port on the PC and the stupid software will detect the connection.
I can't test it this way because I don't have any USB 2.0 on new computer only USB 3.0 and no one have replied back if works or not?:unsure:

Then someone on another forum said
How I upgraded firmware on mine.

1) Insert random usb 3.0 flash drive in monitors usb 3.0 port.

2) Connect monitor with usb 3.0 (to pc) to usb type C (to monitor)

3) OnScreen Control will now recognize connected monitor and allow upgrade.

I don't know why it wont work without flash drive (windows 10 driver issues?), but inserting that flash drive did it for me.

Good luck.

That Didn't work.

Why on Earth did LG go down this path!:mad:

Last edited:
Welcome to my hell. I have exactly the same issue man. And I tried all of the above including the connect to the USB 2.0 suggestion. That too failed. I called LG and they could not resolve. was told I will get a callback in a few days. Never did.

Welcome to my hell. I have exactly the same issue man. And I tried all of the above including the connect to the USB 2.0 suggestion. That too failed. I called LG and they could not resolve. was told I will get a callback in a few days. Never did.

You're right, it a big software problem, why didn't they add a Ethernet port it would solve everything easy. LG are idols, and Acer is Worse. Next time it will be Samsung/Sony in a 43inch TV with an Ethernet port for me.

I watch this YouTube video it is December 2017 about the 43UD79-B Monitor Update! Random Shutoff and Flickering? and LG just want to refund him how strange. I don't want to update now,

LG Monitor Return update

Last edited:
Wow this whole thing sucks for people with this display. Too bad they didn’t spend an extra $2 to include a WiFi module in the display for updates. I’m using a TV for a monitor now and it gets updates every couple months over WiFi.

The broken LG connectivity probably needs a firmware update to fix... :eek:

LG needs to make a new software for the 43UD79 so the type C-C cable can be used, also they need to fix the bugs in the firmware update. But maybe that is asking too much from LG!!! That first video was posted December 2017 and My monitor was made in February 2018 so I hope my monitor is fixed so I don't need to update?. I have just came out of fighting with Acer to get a refund I don't want another fight on my hands.

Last edited:
Back