LG 43UD79 $499 @ frys, $489 at costco

NKD

[H]F Junkie
I am not recommending this for gaming. Although it won't be bad other than high hz gaming.

Frys has it for 499.99 (they pay the tax if you have the weekly promo code). Frys is only good through tomorrow.

Costco has it for $489.99. Costco through 9-8-18

I was just browsing frys today to get some anti-static bag and I was also in search for a big monitor mainly for productivity and multitasking, I absolutely had no intention to pick up this today lol. Saw this on display and I was really sold. The picture was just really stunning. I am sure nerds will find something wrong with it. But for my eyes it was one of the sharpest screens I have seen. They only had an open box that looked new. Looks like someone just bought it and changed their mind. I think alot of people propbably don't realize how big this thing is. But for me it will do the job. I had it for 475 out the door at frys, paying no tax. I saw this 6 months ago but didn't want to spend 700 on it. For 475 I was sold.

https://www.frys.com/product/9197448?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

https://www.costco.com/LG-43UD79-B-43"-Ultra-HD-4K-IPS-Monitor.product.100378322.html

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-43UD79-B-4k-uhd-led-monitor

lol I got this. Mofo who returned it just took the mounting screws for the monitor. It was untoched otherwise. Looks like he jacked the screws for the mount and returned it. I need to get some screws now. hopefully lowe's has them. They are farily generic mounting screws. Just about matching it lol. Frys missed that while inspecting it. I think since everything was still sealed they probably didn't bother matching everything in the box with the included items on the picture on the manual lol.

call the store up and ask the manager for another $50 bucks off for the inconvenience.

I have this monitor, and I think its great for 4K gaming on a budget. I went from an HP 30-inch 1600P to this and the size difference was perfect.

20180322_012412.jpg

Also, I want to point out, make sure you update to the latest firmware. I was having issues were the monitor screen would go black for a few seconds then turn back on. I updated the firmware and since doing so have had zero instances of this happening again.

Yeah I read that online and did that. I had a little scare today. There was a light white shadow on Bblack background. But it would go away if I selected 150% DPI and come back at 125 and 100% I was like wtf! Cant be the monitor. I think windows trips out on this monitor at times. I was almost about go return it. But then I restarted and that fixed it. I knew it wasn't the screen because it would go away at 150% DPI and above. It was like scroll bar size light bar from top to the middle of the screen. Windows was tripping out. It was almost like chrome scroll bar got lightly imprinted on the screen in the middle. Such a trip.

Oddly enough my directv remote randomly works with the monitor. I am like what the fuck is happening. I turned on my tv and my monitor shut off. I thought it was going crazy. Then I turned monitor on and I was adjusting volume for my tv with my directv remote and it was also controlling volume for the LG Monitor ROFL! Then I knew what the F was happening. Now I have to use it at an angle.

Last edited:
Awesome deal. I’ve been eyeing this monitor for a while.

So $499.00 out the door was nice. The deal plus no sales tax.

Back