LG 32UD59-B 32" 3840x2160

The spec sheet always said 10bit, it was just the front page that for some reason had 6+frc until recently

For me it is down to either this LG 32UD59-B monitor or the Samsung U32H850. They both have similar specs VA 32inch and freesync and both at $599 USD. Basically waiting on reviews of both before pulling the trigger.

For me it is down to either this LG 32UD59-B monitor or the Samsung U32H850. They both have similar specs VA 32inch and freesync and both at $599 USD. Basically waiting on reviews of both before pulling the trigger.

goodluck waiting it seems these reviews take 10 years to come on.

to test for input lag, you need two monitors. best if the base monitor is a crt since those have like virtually no lag. 2nd best would be those high refresh gamer monitors that had been tested with known input lag time. or you can use well known ones like hp lp3065 which I think has a lag of about 20 something ms. Then connect both your base and the lg monitor to same video card. set for duplicated mode. Then run this:

http://tft.vanity.dk/inputlag.html

use a camera with high speed shutter of like 1/1000 sec and shoot a pic of both monitors. compare the time. for example, my crossover 324k was consistently showing 20ms behind my lp3065 so the input lag for the crossover was 40 something ms. which was somewhat typical for 4k monitor. I don't know if that has improved since....

Some people in other thread bought one but he won't do any mini review or small test. :(

I picked up this monitor last month.
To me, its ABSOLUTELY AMZING.

I haven't had too many monitors, I had a Dell 24" 16:10 monitor for nearly a decade.
I thought it was pretty good until I plopped this one beside it.. NIGHT AND DAY difference.

To me, color accuracy is great, I have brightness set to 50% and NO bleed at all.
I have a GTX 1080 and every game I play (steam games) Guild wars 2, everything is set to max glory and I get 60fps in everything.

I got this monitor for work (CAD) and its fantastic. Clarity, brightness and color is great.
I can't really comment on lag/ghosting, as I'm not a hard gammer, but its still VERY nice to play on.

Cheers,

P.S. I had dual 24" screens, and now have just this one, but HIGHLY considering a second one to get my dual screens back!

Picked up one over blk friday for 350. I am very impressed with it so far. Running it at 4k at the moment.

Have yet to try it out in games. Will do that soon !!

Jealous of your pricing, here in AUD it's about $700 with a 15% discount, that's 533 USD!

Elk if you could check the post above yours and do the 2 minute test, I'l be eternally grateful.

Report in soldier!

What's the ghosting like? Could you do a 2 minute test?

1) Open https://www.testufo.com/ghosting#ba...tion=960&pps=960&graphics=bbufo.png&pursuit=1

2) Take picture with phone at ISO 800 up to 3200

3) Post here! e.g https://i.imgur.com/uiMnmvE.jpg

just got it hooked up last night, geez...:)

I will try this tonight for you, but my initial impressions are WOW. i was not expecting it to look that good, keep in mind i am not an expert, i am 50 years old in 3 days and wear reading glasses.

i basically replaced my middle monitor, flipped the left to portrait and left the right landscape. the display blows them away.

i loaded destiny 2, wolfenstein 2 and world of warcraft. they all looked amazing, destiny stayed at 60fps and had no ghosting that i could tell, nor did anything else i tried.

it does have a poor viewing angle, i forgot about that until my wife mentioned it looked washed out, so if you plan on using it from the next desk over then it's not good, but i am using it as my main monitor and am the only one that matters:)

Thank you both for your comments

did you use iso 800 (or more) or just default? I am not 100% sure but I think if its too low then it doesn't come out right.

I just used default i not sure how to adjust anything on it. Ill look into it this evening. Also going to redo since i now moved it over to my new
system build

I'm curious about these, at a $350 price point they are interesting. I'd like something more like the 43" version, but people have been reporting on these forums the 43ud79 has PWM flicker. I've seen that one on sale for $550, but I've never been able to lay eyes on one.

last 2 shots, iso 800 then 3200

800 https://imgur.com/K6OOsu3

3200 https://imgur.com/SbEvO7x

no idea what this proves, and probably don't want to know:)

thnx. What ends up happening is, since we dont have pursuit cam and other stuff we have to make do with alternate method of tracking

if ISO is too low... it picks up too many aliens making it look worse then it really is, not sure what cut off is but it's around 200-600 or so. This method now is not perfect but gives a frame of reference if you've done it on your own monitor to contrast. Although, I am not sure why your 2nd photos came out looking so white.

Last edited:
Any updates? You guys still liking this monitor? I am debating between this, that Monoprice 32" 4K, or a Dell U2718Q. I like 32" size and the fact this has speakers (albeit everyone says they suck), and the color gamut seems to be really good.

Yea i like it. Had to adjust the blk on it as it was too deep for my taste. Well worth the 350ish i paid for it

I really like it, my eyes are not good enough to find anything wrong, i wish i had bought 2.

I really like it, my eyes are not good enough to find anything wrong, i wish i had bought 2.

Any color shift you've noticed when move side to side? How about up/down? The VA panel looks horrible when look at with an angle, unless you stare at it straight all the time.

Did you have one bitcuration? My last VA was very good (dont have this 1 tho)

Did you have one bitcuration? My last VA was very good (dont have this 1 tho)

I had the Acer ET322QK for a few days before I returned it. The color shifting is too much to handle, otherwise the color is also weird though someone seemed able to calibrated to satisfaction. The contract is good and text is crisp despite the view angle.

I'd prefer IPS if the price is in the neighborhood.

Color shift is visible on VA this size (mine is a 1440p AOC with AUO VA panel). Was hoping to try an IPS as well (not sure about IPS glow, on 27 inch it was OK) but all are double the price of the VA screens for some reason.

Last edited:
I just picked up one of these along with a Dell U2718Q from Microcenter. I will be testing them out and see which one I stick with.

Any color shift you've noticed when move side to side? How about up/down? The VA panel looks horrible when look at with an angle, unless you stare at it straight all the time.

it is my main computer monitor, i am only looking at it straight on or from minor angle changes like leaning back in my chair. my wife says it's washed out from her desk.

i still have no complaints, if it was a tv in my living room then ya the angles would suck.

Well, I am returning the monitor. I think 32" is definitely the minimum size to get for 4K over 27", but I just do not like the color of this monitor. It was clear and sharp, but everything had a slight reddish tone. I tried adjusting it (have no calibration tools), but I could not make it look as good as the Dell U2718Q I had next to it. The Dell had better color, was brighter, and of course the viewing angles were amazing. As to the viewing angles, it was not that bad, but was noticeable. While gaming, it did not bother me. I think if I did not have the Dell next to it, I may not have been bothered by the color, but hard to say. Side-by-side it was very apparent. I will try to post up pics later tonight to show you what I am talking about. Also, backlight uniformity was not terrible either.

Here are the pics. Dell on the left, LG on the right:
VD7fBTf.jpg

ObI8KIU.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that does look strong. Are we sure it the monitor or not the osd calibration?

Well I ended up picking up one of these. However (as almost always) I wasn't very lucky with the panel lottery. Mine has some horrible light bleed. Now I am debating in my head if I want to try a second one of these or just bring it back and be done with it.

I only had it up for an hour, colors look OK on it other than black which ironically should be a strong point of VA, not the case here, the slightest angle and it goes into light gray. I have another VA screen that does much better in this regard. On the up side there is no banding which some VA screens tend to have, stand is actually nice on this monitor.

Here are 2 photos of mine, with the horrible black and another with a white screen where I find it to be presentable actually as far as uniformity goes: https://imgur.com/LJ3rFpQ https://imgur.com/iSz3xCl

Was I just unlucky?

Well I ended up picking up one of these. However (as almost always) I wasn't very lucky with the panel lottery. Mine has some horrible light bleed. Now I am debating in my head if I want to try a second one of these or just bring it back and be done with it.

I only had it up for an hour, colors look OK on it other than black which ironically should be a strong point of VA, not the case here, the slightest angle and it goes into light gray. I have another VA screen that does much better in this regard. On the up side there is no banding which some VA screens tend to have, stand is actually nice on this monitor.

Here are 2 photos of mine, with the horrible black and another with a white screen where I find it to be presentable actually as far as uniformity goes: https://imgur.com/LJ3rFpQ https://imgur.com/iSz3xCl

Was I just unlucky?

No. Here is what mine looked like: https://imgur.com/GniBhCd

I let myself talked into trying a second one at the shop. Back light bleed is less obvious than on the first one https://imgur.com/a/ytXGo but it is still there, this is on 90% brightness and with black stabilizer on 50% as it comes from the factory. By all signs it seems this is an edge lit screen and the light doesn't seem to get to the middle of the screen as it's supposed to. White and lighter dark colors are OK though, uniformity is good on those, no banding I can see either. Colors do wash out more than on some of the other VA screens we have today but it's still acceptable, only really bothersome on black (or very dark) background when viewed off angle (most horrible from above). Fonts are beautiful on this screen, it has a mat coating but not too aggressive. Did play some games on it, Skyrim has the dreaded vegetation flicker but I think it's a game + video card problem although not visible on my old 23 inch dell monitor but also had a 4k IPS at home and that one also had it so I don't think it's the panel that's doing it. I might end up actually keeping it, I paid 400$ for it, and for that price I think it's a good screen. Were it not for the back light issue I would really recommend it, as it is, I think it's still a decent monitor. I am no artist/photo editor by the way, it will be my work monitor (programming) and probably also my daily driver for a while if I end up keeping it. For color critical work it's not the monitor to get...

Last edited:
Been running mine for a bit now. Got it to replace my HP Omen 32" as my second monitor, since I use that side of my desk for work most the time hooked up to my MacBook Pro. Overall I am pretty happy for $400. I have no backlight bleed or dead pixels. There is what I think is normal VA behavior with color shift when viewed much off center, but I expected this. Colors are good, but do not blow me away either. Stand is solid. I did try a little gaming with it, felt pretty responsive, but my Samsung is vastly superior. For me it is a keeper.

I have no backlight bleed
Now you made me curious. Maybe I had 2 duds in a row? Although the second one is much better. If it is not too much to ask could you take a photo of yours in a dark room (at night with no lamps) from a distance of around 3-4 meters? Would be much obliged.

Last edited:
When you buy this monitor don't they give you a card that has the color calibration on it? How can it be possible that the guy above has a monitor that is very red?

btw black stabilizer I heard is better at 0

also if using HDMI don't forgot to set 0-255 spectrum, otherwise it can bug to 16-234 or something. This is a common problem lately on both Nvidia and AMD, makes everything much grayer and washed out.

ors, how is the gaming response time on darker shades?

how is the gaming response time on darker shades?

Not great as far as I can tell. UFO test looks fine, but on some web pages and images I saw real problems (Firefox private browsing page for example if I make it smaller and drag it around the pink background will bleed into the white text). It has response settings in the OSD (Off, Slow, Normal, Fast) and on Normal and above I still see the problems on said webpages but it also introduces visible trailing on gray graph on white background for example (edge of graph has visibly darker gray when scrolling).

I am still testing these, will try to lower resolution to make sure it's not some 4k thing (my video card too weak to drive it on desktop properly or some other stuff). Not much luck with windows 10 though. It forces the desktop to whole screen even when set 1:1 aspect in the OSD (works fine for games). In stretched mode it does behave the same...

Last edited:
Back