LG 32LG70 $699@ Best Buy...

vick1000

2[H]4U
Just picked it up tonight, not too great for text, but lots of control so maybe could be.

The big shocker.....

IT"S A VA PANEL.

That's right, a VA. Probably a Samsung since it's 1080P. Not impressed, will be returning soon. Now I have to try and find a deal on a PannyLZ800......Grrrrr.

Not that one, I bought it specifically because I thought it was IPS. That's why it was such a shock. I should have took some videos, i figured people wouldn't believe it. But I have no doubts, I tested it thuroughly. The first I noticed was right here with the grey background, it's a dead give away.

I didn't know LG made VA panels. AFAIK they either manufacture IPS panels or they use Samsung TN panels for their multimedia monitors.

Have you tried calibrating your TV? I'm using an LG4750 and when you first get the screen, it's calibrated to compete with plasma screens...i.e., incredibly sharp and bright, to the point where you can't differentiate black and grey. After reducing the settings considerably the colors look like my NEC LCD2690wuxi except the off angles have a white haze.

It's nothing to do with clibration. It's the off angle gamma shift I'm talking about. I know a VA when I see it, and it was most definetly a VA panel, "metalic" glow and all.

The larger madels may have IPS, but the 32LG70 I got from Best Buy had a VA. The "sphere of darkness" was right in my face.

Hello - Merry Christmas and Happy holidays everyone! Long-time lurker, first time poster. :)

I have to agree with the OP. I purchased one of these a few months ago to use strictly as a PC monitor. No matter what combination of settings I used, the text was either blurry or exhibited "ringing" (halos). It was awful.

I don't know for certain if it was IPS or *VA, but I bought it thinking it would be IPS since it was a LG tv. The gamma shift from off-angle viewing was not terrible, but it's not what I was expecting from what I thought was going to be an IPS panel.

The TV went back the very next morning. Back to the drawing board...

Back