LG 32GK850G or something else? (1440p)

metallicaband

Limp Gawd
I did some research, I want a monitor with good blacks for a change and suitable for gaming, tired of the grey blacks I experienced over the years with TN monitors. So it seems VA is the way to go and I don't mind the dark/bright lag issue they seem to have.

So far I'm considering the LG 32GK850G, which seems pretty solid:

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/lg-32gk850g/

Just wanted to make sure if there's any other monitor I should consider before ordering the LG, would appreciate it guys (upgrading my entire system soon and want a shiny new monitor to go along with it).

Unless you are buying a new gfx card you are spending more than needed. Get the 650 or 850 Freesync version and save the money. Even if you do upgrade to a newer nVidia card both of these work with the new driver.

I'm most probably going to be upgrading to 9900k (or 9700k haven't decided yet) and an RTX 2080. Thanks for the tip I'll look into those other models.

I went ahead with 9900k and RTX 2080, one last bump hoping for some suggestions before I pull the trigger on the LG.

I went ahead with 9900k and RTX 2080, one last bump hoping for some suggestions before I pull the trigger on the LG.
The LG is your best bet until LG brings out the new IPS 1440p panels to the market later this year.

You will however have a high chance of vertical lines in motion, and clouding seems to be a problem as well with these later production batches.

Back