LG 27GN950-B "World's first 4K 144Hz 1ms Nano IPS monitor for gaming"

What is Nano IPS? Smaller pixels?
Roughly speaking, Nano IPS (Nano Cell) is LG's equivalent to Samsung's Quantum Dot (QLED) technology. It's a different approach to backlighting that's supposed to improve the color gamut.

LG has also been using the term to market 1ms response time claims that have, to date, been nothing but marketing fluff.

Since there is a 27 850 and this is the next in line as 27 950...

There is a 32 850 series so maybe there's a chance a 32 inch 950 could also happen. I would be sorely tempted myself.

what is the contrast ratio on that? i hope its not in the 700's like the other Nano Cell gaming monitors.

32" would be much more preferred, HDR 1000 as well. Still is a decent monitor but just not for me.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yeah, if it was 32" I would definitely be more excited. HDR 1000 on top I would sell my current panel and get it.

I mean, it sounds good, not gonna lie, but I think I'm okay for now.

like this
I am interesting in the RGB Sphere Lighting 2.0.

If it works with any game that would be awesome!

like this
There others are all about 700:1 400nits HDR1/VESA400. This is 1000:1, 700nits, HDR10/VESA600.
1595760582241.png

Weird. Normally units with a fan, have local dimming and are super bright: 1000 nits peak.

This isn't an abnormally bright monitor, and appears it may have edge lit local dimming (pointless).

like this
This thing has a fan in it. :(

Isn't that normal now at least for some of these higher end monitors? My Asus PG27UQ has one, too. They are "supposed" to be fairly quiet unless there's some issue or hiccup.

Isn't that normal now at least for some of these higher end monitors? My Asus PG27UQ has one, too. They are "supposed" to be fairly quiet unless there's some issue or hiccup.

Normal for a super bright (1000 nits peak) high end monitor like yours, since very high brightness needs a LOT more power.

But this one is 400 nits...

like this
Back