Sithtiger

Weaksauce
So I currently have a Dell SE2717Hr 27 inch monitor. I love IPS displays, but I want a gaming monitor with at least 144 Hz overdrive. I wish I could afford a G-sync monitor, but they are just much too expensive so I'm looking at either an LG 27GL650F-B IPS, 144 Hz with a 5ms Response Time & 1ms Blur Reduction & HDR 10. Amazon or an Acer ED273 Abidpx MVA, with 4ms Response Time. Amazon

So, I like gaming and watching videos on this PC. I love gaming too. I'm just a casual gamer, but I'd like to do better at FPS games like BFV, Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3, etc.... I know the Acer has a 1ms response time and that technically is faster, but I want both a good picture and a good monitor for gaming. I don't care about having a curved monitor. I've heard the HDR on the LG isn't that great, so that's not a deal-breaker.

I do care about color reproduction, but I also care about ghosting and black level. I know the Acer will have better black levels but wouldn't the LG have a better picture. Would it not give me the best of both worlds? I don't want a TN panel, although, the best for gaming, I know, I like to have it all. Oh, I also REALLY care about getting a monitor that does NOT have ANY dead pixels. I know no one can guarantee that any monitor won't come with that, but I just want the best monitor that suites my needs and the LG seems like it fits the bill the best. What do you guys think?

I almost forgot, I have a RTX 2080 and I want the best Freesync G-Sync Compatible Monitor. That's VERY important to me as much as anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So I narrowed my options down to 3 monitors. I don't know where you live but one of my options is one of yours maybe these would be viable options for you too?
I'm trying to decide between these three. The 2 non AOC monitors are on sale. How do you like 27" 1080p? I haven't used it but what made me consider it more is this ASUS model which typically rates a bit higher than than the LG but obviously it costs more. Anywho, food for thought something to think about.

$250 AOC 24G2
$290 LG UltraGear 27GL650F-B
$370 ASUS VG279Q

So I currently have a Dell SE2717Hr 27 inch monitor. I love IPS displays, but I want a gaming monitor with at least 144 Hz overdrive. I wish I could afford a G-sync monitor, but they are just much too expensive so I'm looking at either an LG 27GL650F-B IPS, 144 Hz with a 5ms Response Time & 1ms Blur Reduction & HDR 10. Amazon or an Acer ED273 Abidpx MVA, with 4ms Response Time. Amazon

So, I like gaming and watching videos on this PC. I love gaming too. I'm just a casual gamer, but I'd like to do better at FPS games like BFV, Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3, etc.... I know the Acer has a 1ms response time and that technically is faster, but I want both a good picture and a good monitor for gaming. I don't care about having a curved monitor. I've heard the HDR on the LG isn't that great, so that's not a deal-breaker.

I do care about color reproduction, but I also care about ghosting and black level. I know the Acer will have better black levels but wouldn't the LG have a better picture. Would it not give me the best of both worlds? I don't want a TN panel, although, the best for gaming, I know, I like to have it all. Oh, I also REALLY care about getting a monitor that does NOT have ANY dead pixels. I know no one can guarantee that any monitor won't come with that, but I just want the best monitor that suites my needs and the LG seems like it fits the bill the best. What do you guys think?

I almost forgot, I have a RTX 2080 and I want the best Freesync G-Sync Compatible Monitor. That's VERY important to me as much as anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

I love my Acer ED273! Deepest / inky blacks of any monitor I have owned (many IPS ones) besides my FW900 and CRT days. Still play competitive FPS games with it, not using overdrive, flagged to use G-sync compatible mode. It has had an intermittent vertical screen aligment (half the screen is vertically shifted up and not mating with the right hand of the screen) that crops up once or twice every few months but that gets reset with a power off and power on (I need to submit a ticket for this issue).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back