LG 27EA83D or dell...or others ? 27 inch for photo etc

seb87

Weaksauce
i'm looking for a new 27" display and my budget is 600-700€

i've found good info about dell u2713h and LG 27EA83D which are not comparable like eizo and nec but...still good.

what is the best for you ? sometimes i play games and watch film...but primary use is for editing photo and cad planning...

help me for choose the best one :D

The LG models are garbage if you value your eyes and don't want to see obvious flickering caused by the insultingly low, 120hz LED PWM Dimming Frequency (PWM side effects).

Do you need a wide gamut monitor for your work? If you do, don't buy a U2713H since it suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting and has high input lag unless you use the game mode which has poor and over-saturated+inaccurate colors since it uses the wrong gamut for games. If you do need a wide gamut monitor save up for the Viewsonic VP2772 since it does not suffer from obvious overshoot ghosting and is better than the U2713H. The wide gamut models blacks glow and look more washed out/white-ish compared to the standard gamut models which doesn't make them ideal for viewing dark scenes.

If you don't need a wide gamut monitor get the Eizo EV2736W (review links) which is glow free and has much better black levels than 99% of AHVA/IPS/PLS panels except for high end IPS panels with A-TW polarizers like the Eizo CX246 which costs 1500$. It's also the best multi-input standard gamut 1440p monitor.

i need adobe rgb coverage , so the eizo is out...

the viewsonic is interesting , thanks...i check it in europe if has a good price.

i've order from amazon the viewsonic...i try it and than , if it's good i stay with this ;)

Last edited:
viewsonic vp2772 arrived today !

now i order the calibrator to check the correct colors

Last edited:
As an owner of LG 27EA83-B - I just want to say what an awesome display - everyone should take a look at it and be amazed

Back