LG 27 inch 4k 275

A decent monitor.

I have one as well as the more expensive 58. I thought the panels were the same and this one just had a cheaper build quality. Not so. The 58 is brighter and has better color reproduction.

But this one is good for the price.

The color accuracy on this LG is absolutely atrocious out of the box, despite the included calibration report showing DeltaE < 2. I managed to get it to look pretty much indistinguishable from my Dell UP3216Q (actually calibrated to sRGB) and to at least pass basic gamma and color tests on the Eizo and nagom LCD test pages after some significant tweaking. I ended up at brightness 70 and RGB values of around 30,30,45. The default 50,50,50 at least on my panel is a complete joke, no idea how it comes out of the factory looking like that.

That said, backlight bleed is well controlled and there are no dead or stuck pixels. Built quality is pretty terrible but serviceable if you don't move it or adjust it often. It is plenty bright enough to match calibrated sRGB spec.

I'll probably keep it, but anyone using this as a main monitor will most likely want to reconsider.

The color accuracy on this LG is absolutely atrocious out of the box, despite the included calibration report showing DeltaE < 2. I managed to get it to look pretty much indistinguishable from my Dell UP3216Q (actually calibrated to sRGB) and to at least pass basic gamma and color tests on the Eizo and nagom LCD test pages after some significant tweaking. I ended up at brightness 70 and RGB values of around 30,30,45. The default 50,50,50 at least on my panel is a complete joke, no idea how it comes out of the factory looking like that.

That said, backlight bleed is well controlled and there are no dead or stuck pixels. Built quality is pretty terrible but serviceable if you don't move it or adjust it often. It is plenty bright enough to match calibrated sRGB spec.

I'll probably keep it, but anyone using this as a main monitor will most likely want to reconsider.

Appreciate the input. But honestly not everyone is a photo wiz to be honest. Backlight bleed and dead pixels is all most people care about on a decent monitor. Color reproduction is really dependent on how well someone needs that. I am using 32 inch 4k lg. To me its excellent but to a photo wiz it might be atrocious. Just my two cents, but I have no dead pixels and back light bleed and i think the monitor looks good and use it everyday.

Appreciate the input. But honestly not everyone is a photo wiz to be honest. Backlight bleed and dead pixels is all most people care about on a decent monitor. Color reproduction is really dependent on how well someone needs that. I am using 32 inch 4k lg. To me its excellent but to a photo wiz it might be atrocious. Just my two cents, but I have no dead pixels and back light bleed and i think the monitor looks good and use it everyday.

It wouldn't take a photo wiz to spot the completely broken calibration out of the box on this monitor. My main monitor is the 32 inch 1440p/165Hz LG G-sync, which is not known for its color accuracy, and it was so, so much better than this, actually pretty close to accurate. I am almost wondering if mine slipped through QC with the wrong calibration applied.

Back