LFC(low framerate Compensation)

lukas222

n00b
Hello, I have question. How can i see benefits of low framerate Compensation? i have freesync(LFC monitor) freesync-ON, radeon r9 290x which is compatibile- freesync ON. I have GTA on medium FPS cca 70 fps but i want to see the benefits of LFC. When a cap fps on radeon software application at 45 fps then it will be going this feature ?

Hello, I have question. How can i see benefits of low framerate Compensation? i have freesync(LFC monitor) freesync-ON, radeon r9 290x which is compatibile- freesync ON. I have GTA on medium FPS cca 70 fps but i want to see the benefits of LFC. When a cap fps on radeon software application at 45 fps then it will be going this feature ?
LFC basically doubles/repeats frames, to fake a framerate which is still in the range for freesync to work.

So if your monitor is set to 120 hz and has a freesync range of 48fps - 120fps: At 45fps it should double/repeat frames to fake a 90fps signal. And therefore, the monitor should still sync the frames.

i have monitor 48-144 ...but when i play at 50-55 FPS it is better than 45 for example. So i think that this is bad feature. for example in fifa custcene when fps drops on 45(because of game) a see flickering and a know that this feature is on. but in GTA V i dont see any difference. is any demontration video or something.? i dont see anything on internet about demonstration LFC. And next goal is when i cap fps on fifa 45(i think that LFC is on) is much worse than 30fps with VSYNC technology.. when i cap it on 120 stable fps then it is good.

does your 290x support LFC?
I might be mistaken, but isn't supporting LFC just the monitor's job? The GPU can send frames as it wishes, it's the monitor that needs to know when to double up those frames to maintain sync. I believe. Not fully sure. It's a good question though.

No no, it is function of Freesync 2.0 technology and r9 290x supoort both freesync and freesync 2 too. Obviously monitor must support LFC too. and AOC c24g1 support it.. But i dont see any difference, soo because of that i want some video demontration video or something about that technology. But i think that is just about FPS synchronisation, and in this case it is good. i dont see any bad frames like stuttering/tearing. :)

Good LFC might require some firmware updates from the monitor company. Some monitor brands are good about offering firmware updates, some are not. But, I would check to see if there is an update for your monitor. It may improve the LFC.

Good job. I install driver from AOC page. I have just from windows from 2006 year :D ..I am beginner few days ago i just set hz frekvention from windows preset 60hz to 144hz :D ..I am learning something new every day.

Back