Let's see your mug...

before Crazy Larry posted his picture:

Ratten001.jpg

and after... ?
would he scare the rats away? :eek: :D ;)

that's a lot of rats!

The bike alone can be upwards of $5000, and I think I'm being conservative here for a pro.

i dunno about triathlons bikes but a good pro mountain bike could cost you up to US$ 20000 !! :eek:

i dunno about triathlons bikes but a good pro mountain bike could cost you up to US$ 20000 !! :eek:

If I had the choice, it would be a new car ;)

What makes a $20,000 mountain bike any different than a $200 one?

For that price, it had better petal for me...and win the Tour de France :D

Equipments will set you back a few bucks. My bike cost me about $2500, plus pedals (120), plus aerobars (150), then I got some uber tires that were about 80 each...plus tax of course. I probably would have paid more for a comparable Tri bike but opted for a road bike since it's more suited for my training rides/routes and just more comfortable in general.

This bike is listed at 10k but I don't think that's the most expensive out there.
http://feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1509&pid=8702

Once you get take care of the one time expenses, it's the race fees that will get you. I did IM Arizona last year that the entry fee was 500 bucks, plus hotel and airfare. Local races are cheaper at about 55-100 bucks per race and I do about 2 per month during the season (May-Sept). And by local, I mean they're within driving distance so factor in gas money.

Then there's your other gear like shorts, jersey, wetsuit (when allowed), shoes for biking and running, heart rate monitor, etc. And finally, your nutrition. Energy gels, recovery drinks, electrolytes, and you just eat a lot in general.

Equipments will set you back a few bucks. My bike cost me about $2500, plus pedals (120), plus aerobars (150), then I got some uber tires that were about 80 each...plus tax of course. I probably would have paid more for a comparable Tri bike but opted for a road bike since it's more suited for my training rides/routes and just more comfortable in general.

This bike is listed at 10k but I don't think that's the most expensive out there.
http://feltracing.com/08/product.asp?catid=1504,1509&pid=8702

Once you get take care of the one time expenses, it's the race fees that will get you. I did IM Arizona last year that the entry fee was 500 bucks, plus hotel and airfare. Local races are cheaper at about 55-100 bucks per race and I do about 2 per month during the season (May-Sept). And by local, I mean they're within driving distance so factor in gas money.

Then there's your other gear like shorts, jersey, wetsuit (when allowed), shoes for biking and running, heart rate monitor, etc. And finally, your nutrition. Energy gels, recovery drinks, electrolytes, and you just eat a lot in general.

Wow! Do you get any prize money???

And well they are pretty much like a high performance motorcycle without a motor :p

And without the coolness/sex appeal factor. :D

Man, reading some of the posts on this forum can be very rewarding. It goes to show you how so many people with so many diverse life experiences and ideas can gather together peacefully for a common cause like folding in this instance :p

It goes to show you the old sayin' "you don't necessarily have to agree with someones opinion, but you have to respect the fact they have an opinion different then yours" (or something like that :rolleyes: )

Thanks for letting me fold for {Hard] team 33. :)

Oh yeah, IMO there's no way I'd pay over $50 bucks for any type of transportation that's powered by me and since I was discharged from the US USMC I try not to run any more than I have to. (there go those personal opinions again ;))

No.....nononono..... thank you for folding with us:)

Nice post man, and I feel the same way. This little corner of the [H] is a very special place..and it takes every single one of us to keep it that way.

Fold On brothers and sisters... Fold On!!!!

and since I was discharged from the US USMC I try not to run any more than I have to.

Agree 100%. Maybe from the car to the door if its raining bad. I also gave up weekly haircuts, daily shaving, and ironing of any kind. :D

Michael Bublé :D

Ya know, I had never heard of that guy until last year when my wife bought one of his CDs. While not my usual taste in music, it was some pretty cool stuff. :D

hmm.. i don´t think so, that hiking excursion was in October 2006, and well a have lots of pants ;)

I have to admit, I thought you had on the same pants when I looked at the two pics also...:rolleyes:

LOL, no bubbly for me....my mom loves him though!

That picture was taken last summer at a Dave Matthews Band show outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I try to go to a few concerts every year, but they are getting a little expensive lately :(

Ya know, I had never heard of that guy until last year when my wife bought one of his CDs. While not my usual taste in music, it was some pretty cool stuff. :D

i think he is the next Sinatra, but that is just my humble opinion, i have all of his albums btw :)

Dave Matthews is always a fun show.... right up there with Buffet and Tom Petty in my opinion:)

It's my mug and yet it isn't my mug. I believe some of you will understand while others won't have a clue but that's okay.

michaelbeered5.jpg

I find it hilarious how theres been so many replies to leslie's pic. NOW, i hope i get the same nice eyes/teeth/hair comments as she. anyways, here goes...

PICT0024-1.jpg

I find it hilarious how theres been so many replies to leslie's pic. NOW, i hope i get the same nice eyes/teeth/hair comments as she. anyways, here goes...

Hahaha...it might help if you actually *smiled*.... :D

I don't see any teeth in your pic... :confused: :D

Freakin Scary! :p

How was that?

LOL, no bubbly for me....my mom loves him though!

That picture was taken last summer at a Dave Matthews Band show outside of Pittsburgh, PA. I try to go to a few concerts every year, but they are getting a little expensive lately :(

I was at that same concert!

I've gone the last 5 years, not this year though :(

I was at that same concert!

I've gone the last 5 years, not this year though :(

Awesome! I was there for 02,03,04,05, and 07. I will be there again this year...season openers!

We camp every year right down the road. It's a great trip every year.

Awesome! I was there for 02,03,04,05, and 07. I will be there again this year...season openers!

We camp every year right down the road. It's a great trip every year.

We BBQ and hand out extra hot dogs in exchange for beer/drinks

By the time it's time to go in we have a dozen different cans in the cooler :cool:

Back