Lets Just make it simple...Widescreen wallapers!

Ok ill post mine:
WideScreen_Dreamy_World_10th_by_gra.jpg

Tomorrow_1920x1200.jpg

Strange_World_I_1920.jpg

Out__into_the_light_1920x1200_by_lo.jpg

Morning_by_l8.jpg

Garwnant_Waterfalls_I_by_l8.jpg

FloatingIsle_1920.jpg

Blackbird_taxi_at_NASA_Dryden_by_Th.jpg

Behind_the_clouds_by_seamonkey420.jpg

Gay photobucket decided to resize them. I give up

my desktop is 1680 but the 1900 walls resize themselves and they still look good.

ZorPrime said:
Just one of my classic defaults, it's on the laptop right now.

earthsts107fk8.jpg

Thats not your wallpaper...I have the same wallpaper without the zorprime on the bottom right...

Hupo said:
Thats not your wallpaper...I have the same wallpaper without the zorprime on the bottom right...

Image is not mine, correct. But the placement and resolution is. The orginal image is from NASA @ 3032x2064

And I do have one without the zorprime. 'Classic defaults' ment in a way that I usually go back to those after some time.

Here is another:
issdockingsts114kf2.jpg

If u can get rid of ur name out of that photo ill use it. No one in my family really needs to know who sized it.

I'll post some of mine later, but they're all 1440x900 and mostly chicks ;)

i got most of mine from interfacelift.com

--Make your own!--
there is a program called Irfan view. its great for viewing images.
http://www.irfanview.com/

it has an option called create custom crop selection.
it pulls up a little dialog box, and you specify a WxH, like 1680x1050
you then move that box around the image and then left click, and then you have your own widescreen wallpaper.

p.s.
and you can also type in a resolution in the search @ deviantart

Hupo said:
Gay photobucket decided to resize them. I give up

Don't use photobucket anymore... I use ImageShack -- http://imageshack.us

ZorPrime said:
Image is not mine, correct. But the placement and resolution is. The orginal image is from NASA @ 3032x2064

Well, some of us here might be using larger than 1680x1050 (1920x1200 for example) and don't appriciate when someone does custom cropping / and resizing. Do you have the links for the 3032x2064 versions? No matter your screen size, applying the full, un-resized version scales without needing resizing, and looks better.

P.S. I also use InterfaceLIFT for most of my backgrounds, but occasionally you can find ones elswhere. One of my "classic defaults", called "Casing" --> http://photos.military.com/popular/all/1/66102728

EDIT> I found This beautiful one of Earth by Nasa. If you do a Google search for Nasa.gov you can find many other good ones. I still haven't found the one that ZorPrime posted though.

Well, the XR-71 grabbed be by the boo boo, wish the res was a bit better but I have always loved that plane, thanks :)

Personal opinion, was meant for my personal use. Thought I would share... If you wanted something different, you could of asked in PM.

Sorry Hupo for this, but now I'll go back to the wallpaper.

P3-P4 Truss with the Solar Array added to the ISS (My wallpaper right now)
issviewsts115sq8.jpg

Cornflake said:
Well, some of us here might be using larger than 1680x1050 (1920x1200 for example) and don't appriciate when someone does custom cropping / and resizing. Do you have the links for the 3032x2064 versions? No matter your screen size, applying the full, un-resized version scales without needing resizing, and looks better.

I would also greatly appreciate a link to the original sized version.

Nope, not stretched at all.

Another that my wife took from our last vacation.
wildflowers5dc2.jpg

I often make 1680x1050 wallpapers...I will probably be adding more to my deviantart soon...

WesM63 said:
I'll post some of mine later, but they're all 1440x900 and mostly chicks ;)

dude I have been really antzy waitin on your post WHERE ARE YOU!

As ZorPrime isn't answering the question- does anyone know where we can find those big pictures taken from space? Especially the first one.

Thanks.

Wow and here I thought Star Wars will all the clunky outside modules that are seen on the hull were just science fiction.

In this day and age no one could develop a smooth skinned space station :p

Back