Let Your PC Set Mood Lighting Automatically

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Phillips has a new app coming and it's going to let you sync your Windows 10 Pc or High Sierra loaded Mac with music, games, and movies if you have Hue bulbs. This should be a nice addition for those of you that like to bling out the RGB and now you'll be able to bling the rest of your computer room with it. Imagine some of the ways you could use this. Say you are wanting to settle down for a nice long night of pr0n and you forgot to turn the lights down. No worries now because your PC will tell the lights to dim for you. The app is expected in Q2 this year so keep an eye out for it.

The app is due sometime in the second quarter of the year and will launch alongside a version 3.0 Hue app for Android and iOS. The mobile overhaul promises to simplify light groups, offer quick access to recently used scenes and provide "seamless setup." If you dislike the existing Hue app enough that you stick to the third-party options (such as the Apple and Google Home apps), it might be worth a revisit in the spring.

Sounds cool for the user, but I could see my fiance getting pissed when she's doing her writing and the whole room goes turquoise:D

On a slightly related note, we just replaced somewhere in the realm of 3600watts(60 count) worth of bulbs with Philips leds that sip about 7w each and are a good deal brighter too. Good grief those were old bulbs.....but thank goodness for gift cards from family

Reactions: Rahh
like this
I love my Phillips hue bulbs but they are too damn expensive!

Over time this stuff will be commonplace. But for best results, wouldn't the system require users to be tracked in some way? Of course it will.

Honestly, I don't know. Future Tech will, as always, end up being a conundrum to those who can afford the Tech. Those who can't will slowly, increasingly, over time, be marginalized, and disenfranchised.

Hi folks! Just my point of view.

It will probably not happen for several decades.

W

Back