Let the frustration out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mozes

Weaksauce
I wasnt too sure were to put this thread at so i went with my big gut and put it in this one.

This thread is to let out the frustration. Pc's being bad, horrible support calls/or funny ones.

I will start off:

When I used to work at PcClub as a computer repair technician a drunk guy came waltzing in with his tore up pc, the guy explained to me that his girlfriend got mad and ran over his pc, so we went through and got all the new parts for him. This included a new case, dvd/cd burner, and new power supply. The guy just wanted to get a new pc, so we got everything else for him. The guy didnt want us to build it because it would cost to much for him. My co-worker explained to me, that the guy came in last week with a pc he found that was in the trash. Oh yeah he didnt want the proc (didnt know at the time mabye he already had one)My co-worker said it was a old pentium proc pc, and explained to him to repair would cost more than a new pc to repair. So anyways, he took off and spent a good 500 bucks on new parts. The next day when I was opening the store he was standing there. He came up to the counter and asked why his computer (he built with the old pentium proc chassis) wouldnt turn on. I looked at it and half of the motherboard was fried beyond recognition. What he did was hammer down the old pentium proc with a hammer into a socket A board, thinking it was the same, glued on the heat sink with super glue. Took a dremil and cut notches in the ram to fit. And spliced all the wires and hot glued them in to the board. I couldnt help it but run into the break room and laugh my a$$ off. We also used to have a "Wall of shame," where we took pictures and put it on a bulliten board in the break room. After that I came back out and explained to him we couldnt do anything and couldnt refund his money because of physical damage to the parts. The guy who was prolly already drunk at 7 in the morning also looked tweaked out lashed out in anger and then passed out on the floor, so I called 911 as everyone is watching at this to make sure he was alright, soon as a police man came he got right up and walked out the door like nothing happend.

I'm not seeing the relevance to Operating Systems. This type of thread belongs in General Mayhem, or removed all together since there have been quite a few just like it recently. If you go into GenMay, you'll see some pretty funny stories and anecdotes.

rofl brilliant

A flatmate was insistent he could upgrade his own PC so I left him to it.
The next day he couldnt work out how to get it to boot and asked me to look at it.
I had to laugh, the motherboard was screwed tight to the frame and was dead.

Back