• LG Optimus G Lightening

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Galaxy Note 2

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • Galaxy S3

Votes: 48 37.8%

• Total voters
need the HTC One X and One X+ in here

Seconded. The design and screen are better than the GS3.
htc-one-x-review-66-1020_gallery_post.jpg

(image source - http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/2/2919225/htc-one-x-review )

Last edited:
I agree, the One X is the best Android phone today. It has the best screen for any smartphone, sure the SIII is faster, but TouchWiz blows, Sense 4 is the best UI, besides stock of course, and the leaks of JellyBean Sense 4.5 are really good, Sense is even more stripped down, and has more of a stock look, more blue, less bloat, and cooler features coming in Sense 4.5. I think the One X+ will be an awesome phone.

I agree, the One X is the best Android phone today. It has the best screen for any smartphone, sure the SIII is faster, but TouchWiz blows, Sense 4 is the best UI, besides stock of course, and the leaks of JellyBean Sense 4.5 are really good, Sense is even more stripped down, and has more of a stock look, more blue, less bloat, and cooler features coming in Sense 4.5. I think the One X+ will be an awesome phone.

Removing the battery would require you to disassemble the whole phone on the One X, not only is the S3 faster, but it has a removable battery and expandable memory like the majority of the Android phones.

The Gnex also lacks expandable storages but that's the trade off you get for a massive userbase built from the modding friendly nexus tradition and the $350 price point. The same can't be said for the One X. The S3 however I would say is pretty close to the Gnex in terms of community support from the recent sales data of 20 million, even if only 5% of the 20 million actually roots the device that is still quite a lot.

And on an unrelated note, I'm one of the few that actually likes touchwiz :) Can't live without the S-Planner.

If OP is moving from the hacker friendly N900 then the S3 won't disappoint. I used the N900 for two years before I started looking for the next perfect phone - and now I've settled on the S3. (Until the Note 2 that is, haha)

Poll needs to be reset now. Half of them were already in before the Note 2 and GS3 were added. Now we cannot change our votes. I guarantee the GS3 would be winning if it was on there in the first place.

I will ask moderator to reset it

I have spent the last 20 + years in the business and if you wish to know reliability here is my list best to worst. Full disclosure, I carry a Razor.
Yes, Nokia is in the cellar. I recently moved into the enterprise side of the business but i must say I cannot remember selling a Nokia that did not fail in less than a year
Apple
Motorolla
Blackberry
Samsung
Htc
Lg
Nokia

It doesn't feel thick at all. I have a bulky leather cover on it nowadays but when used without a cover or the rubber form fitting one that comes with the phone, I wouldn't say it is thick at all. It's much thinner than an Iphone 4 or at least feels it.

Since its a unibody in which you can't replace the battery, what will you do if battery goes for a toss or if it is degrading

Since its a unibody in which you can't replace the battery, what will you do if battery goes for a toss or if it is degrading
Take it to phone service, warranty will cover dud battery. I doubt that it is going to go bad in its life span (2ish years).

Take it to phone service, warranty will cover dud battery. I doubt that it is going to go bad in its life span (2ish years).
one thing that's laughable about these removable battery being listed as a pro is the expectation of your battery failing often, not lasting long enough for daily use, or your OS/custom rom fails.

I just want a phone that works. My ma and pa didn't teach me to spend money on something when there is a comparable product if not better product costing the same if not cheaper.

Last edited:
If you see my some of the old threads, I was very much excited about Galaxy S3 before its launch. I waited for 6 months for its released. But there was one and only thing that disappointed me. "Its design". Galaxy S2 is beautiful . So is HTC OneX. But S3's shape was ugly. That form factor turned me off towards Galaxy S3 and made me go for other devices. Although in terms of Specs it is the best.

I am extremely curious to see the upcoming Nexus this November. Will it again just be another Samsung made device and be a S3 spec'd phone ? Or are the rumors true of multiple Nexus phones coming at the same time, made by HTC and Sony ?

An HTC One X+ style Nexus would be awesome :D

The same can't be said for the One X. The S3 however I would say is pretty close to the Gnex in terms of community support from the recent sales data of 20 million, even if only 5% of the 20 million actually roots the device that is still quite a lot.

+1

The best thing about the US variant S3s in particular is that Cyanogen himself uses one as his daily driver, ensuring first class AOSP ROM support for the S3 for years to come. Also, the 2GB of RAM, microSD card slot, and massive user base put it way over the One X in my opinion.

in the interest of disclosure: I'm currently a 4th year undergraduate with 2 work terms as a .net (windows) developer, and I very much believe my future is in the .net community.

Silverlight sucks; while I'd argue the tooling around Microsoft's mobile operating system Windows Phone 7 has been the best, the actual framework you have to use to code for WP7 leaves a lot to be desired. Its also fairly bug-ridden, or at least "really, thanks how its going to behave?"--ridden.
Microsoft's betting on the "Windows Runtime" or "WinRT" (since the name Windows Runtime makes very little sense) to solve this problem. Whether it will or not I don't know, but I really liked WPF, so if its more of that I'm on board.

one thing that's laughable about these removable battery being listed as a pro is the expectation of your battery failing often, not lasting long enough for daily use, or your OS/custom rom fails.

I just want a phone that works. My ma and pa didn't teach me to spend money on something when there is a comparable product if not better product costing the same if not cheaper.

I like removable batteries because it gives me options. the only time my battery has failed on me I couldn't wait for the replacement battery rma so I went and bought a second one. I had no downtime and id like to keep that option.

Well I am screwed. I am not sure if I should be happy or sad. My N900 finally ditched me can't detect the sim anymore. So I purchased a lumia 900. I can't live without a cellphone till Nov. Anyhow its a mixed feeling because 900 too is a good device despite the fact that it can't be upgrade to Windows 8. But its a good phone. I will keep it and within 6 months or more if I get fed up I will either give it to dad or try to sell it and get 920.

Better add this baby to the list of options for VZW peeps http://htcsource.com/2012/09/exclusive-5-inch-htc-dix-phablet-to-feature-quad-core-processor-1-5gb-of-ram-and-16gb-of-internal-storage/
I'm sure the finicky will complain about only 16gb of storage as well as non removable battery and no sd card but that is where the complaints end. As long as the battery is 2500mah this is my phone come November

Doesn't seem too bad, native 1080p screen is rumored. But I'll chose to believe that when I see it.

16gb of storage is a pretty big limitation on this phone...

Seconded. The design and screen are better than the GS3.
htc-one-x-review-66-1020_gallery_post.jpg

(image source - http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/2/2919225/htc-one-x-review )
The screen on the One X is not "better," it's DIFFERENT. For movies, it SLAUGHTERS the One X's IPS LCD2. For text, sharpness, and clarity, the One X wins out. But it also suffers from serious contrast issues like ALL LCD's. Because the S3's black is BLACK, it's more flat or natural to look @...a less holographic affect and more organic display if you will. It's really a toss up as to what you're looking for. But to say the One X's thicker width, lack of Gorilla Glass 2, lack of option to run a 64GB SDXC card that xfer's over 40MB/Sec, EXTREMELY SAD MEMORY MANAGEMENT ISSUES, 1GB RAM LIMITATION, ANEMIC 1800MAH NON REPLACEABLE BATTERY is better design tells me you're either uneducated, have small hands, or are a frothing @ the mouth fanboy.

The One X is nice, but it's no unicorn...far from it. ;)

...reliability here is my list best to worst...
Apple
Motorolla
Blackberry
Samsung
Htc
Lg
Nokia
What exactly are you basing this list off of? Breakage due to manufacturer defect? Physical and/or water damage? HW/SW issues?

Also, I'm putting the Thunderbolt ABOVE the Storm in all categories. The S3 may be flimsy, but it's easily been the best smartphone I've ever owned and I've owned every phone on that list on every major carrier including the V3C and a pair of iPhones. To rank them by manufacturer isn't really fair anymore. Don't get me started on the design flaws from Apple THAT AFFECT MY PHONE VOICE/DATA RELIABILITY.

one thing that's laughable about these removable battery being listed as a pro is the expectation of your battery...not lasting long enough for daily use...
You know what else is laughable? Your ignorance. :rolleyes:

I go through 2, sometimes 3 batteries a day on my S3. My ma (dad passed away when I was 6) taught me to always invest in the best technology my little pee sized brain could handle. I don't want something that just works, I NEED something that WORKS.

+1

The best thing about the US variant S3s in particular is that Cyanogen himself uses one as his daily driver, ensuring first class AOSP ROM support for the S3 for years to come. Also, the 2GB of RAM, microSD card slot, and massive user base put it way over the One X in my opinion.
I could not have put it better myself. Someone knows what's up. :D

Let the masses and idiots have their iPhones. I'll take a completely customizable phone w/ a serious powerhouse dev behind it + the best hardware mix all day, everyday. :cool:

And yet many survives off one battery non-removable... Clearly there is something wrong with your device.

Aye, I'd call device like that a huge failure or faulty.

there is no blackberry on the poll :confused:

The poll is titled Your idle top end Samrtphone...

Between that, and the OP's posts...I really doubt anyone should really take this thread too seriously....

That said, I voted for the next T-Mobile mytouch as the next idle top end samrtphone

I'm still confused as to if the typo was supposed to be like an American Idol vote, or "IDEAL top end smartphone".

Back