Let me get this straight once and for all...

ScYcS

2[H]4U
7900GT=X1800XT (512mb) < X1900XT=7900GT Volt Modded < 7900GTX=X1900XTX < 7950X2 < Any of the previous in SLI/Crossfire

Am I pretty much spot on or not?! Trying to make myself a bigger picture here before i purchase

I wouldnt consider a voltmodded 7900GT = to a X1900XT. The X1900XT has 512mb of memory which does help it alot. The 7900GT from what I saw only loses to the X1800XT in Oblivion and for the rest is equal or a little greater than it.

Lazy_Moron said:
I wouldnt consider a voltmodded 7900GT = to a X1900XT. The X1900XT has 512mb of memory which does help it alot. The 7900GT from what I saw only loses to the X1800XT in Oblivion and for the rest is equal or a little greater than it.
Yeah, other than that you're spot on, ScYcS.

ok, so more like this:

X1800XT (512MB)<=7900GT < 7900GT Volt modded<=X1900XT < 7900GTX=X1900XTX < 7950X2 < Any of the previous in SLI/Crossfire

That is not in fact correct because the 7950X2 is better than at least the X1800XT in crossfire mode, and I think it might be better than the 7900GT (or more) in SLI. I don't have time to research all the reports on the 7950X2, but it definitely falls even higher on the scale than you placed it.

arentol said:
That is not in fact correct because the 7950X2 is better than at least the X1800XT in crossfire mode, and I think it might be better than the 7900GT (or more) in SLI. I don't have time to research all the reports on the 7950X2, but it definitely falls even higher on the scale than you placed it.

Whatever, close enough :)

jesus ATI fan boys are so annoying... be a fan of whats best not a brand.

Faction said:

The X1800XT wins more benchmarks than it loses to the 7900GT, so the performance point is valid.

It can be had for less than the 7900GT, so price point is valid.

It can do HDR+AA, so the IQ part is valid.

What exactly did he say that was so incorrect and !!!!!!ish?

either way we have zero idea what hes talking about, and instead of feeding the obvious flame bait, lets give him all a care bear hug!

all gaying aside, i stopped feeding these posts with posts, i'll just report them :cool:

alekstasy said:
Fallguy, I think that he's talking about performance not price

Probably. I just added that including performance, the XT is cheaper, and has better IQ. Its a win/win/win. Im sorry some people dont like the truth?

Faction said:
he was right regarding the quality and IQ. #anboy has nothing to do with facts.

Trimlock said:
either way we have zero idea what hes talking about, and instead of feeding the obvious flame bait, lets give him all a care bear hug!

all gaying aside, i stopped feeding these posts with posts, i'll just report them :cool:

I hope you didn't mean my post with that.....can't really see flame bait here. I try buying a card and want the best bang for my buck so....what's wrong with that?! I don't get it at all....if this was directed to me.

Back