Leopard + Vista networking woes

CyByte

Gawd
I can't get networking to work properly between Vista and Leopard.

They are both set to WORKGROUP. I can not access the leopard machine from Vista at all.

In Leopard I can not find a way to see computers on the network, but I did enable SMB and can manually type if an IP address then always delete AFP and switch it to SMB to look at folders.

I even have a folder on the vista machine set so I'm a co-owner of it. I can start to transfer a file into it, and then near the end of the file transfer it just stops and disappears from the Vista machine.

I'm beginning to think networking between the 2 is just broken and that Apple will not work for the simple needs I need.

I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Hmmm, I'm running a mixed enviroment in my house. x1, Windows Server 03, x2 XP SP3, x6 vista and x2 OS X machines and I've never had a problem. Occasionally I'll have an issue with not being able to see the shares in my "shared" sidebar in finder, but I smb:// into the shares because as I've learned with any Windows install sometimes looking in for it via the GUI just isn't plausible.

Like right now, I'm only seeing an XP SP3 share, but I can still access all the other computers on the domain via SMB://

Do you have another machine to test with Vista, make sure that your Vista machine is setup properly to accept sharing? Is Vista set to "private" network? Is "Windows Sharing" enabled on the OS X Machine in the "Sharing" prefs pane?

I know it works fine, because I can dual boot into XP and sharing works fine from there.

Back