Lenovo’s Retro ThinkPad 25 Laptop Leaks Ahead of Rumored October Debut

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
German blog WinFuture.de has gotten their hands on some leaked images and specs for the ThinkPad 25, which Lenovo is releasing to celebrate the brand’s 25th anniversary: naturally, the retro laptop has visual touches from its ancestor (e.g., a multicolored logo and blue “Enter” key), but it will be based on the modern 470 series.

...WinFuture notes that the ThinkPad 25 will come equipped with a 14-inch 1080p IPS display. On the inside, the laptop is expected to pack an Intel Core i7-7500U, 16GB of RAM, and 512GB of SSD storage. An NVIDIA 940MX discrete GPU is also said to be on board, as is LTE support. In terms of ports, there's plenty to look forward to here as well, with USB-C (with Thunderbolt 3 support), HDMI, three USB 3.0 ports, and SD card reader, and ethernet.

Bah, 940MX graphics are pointless. I was also hoping for a true quadcore option. Had already saved up for this but with these specs, that money is now going elsewhere.

Bah, 940MX graphics are pointless. I was also hoping for a true quadcore option. Had already saved up for this but with these specs, that money is now going elsewhere.

That was my first thought too. If it had an i7 hq chip and 1050ti it would be awesome.

Graphics performance has never exactly been a hallmark of the Thinkpad line.

That keyboard, though. That's what I want in my life.

Back