Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 10" (REFURB) - $179

Mezner

Limp Gawd
http://shop.lenovo.com/outlet_us/itemdetails/59RF2086/445

Great little tablet/laptop/2-in-1. Went to Best Buy today to test it out before purchasing. Handles web browsing, office documents, youtube 1080p 60fps videos flawlessly. Saw little to no lag. Beautiful 1920x1200 IPS screen as well. They also claim it has up to a 14 hour life battery, which seems great.

I don't know how they are refurbs they seem to have 1000's of them but i bit

Probably clearing out new units as refurbs so they don't have to disturb the MAP/List pricing scheme.

I thought about it, but the bit about the weak magnets holding the keyboard/cover on have given me pause.

Was pretty concerned about the magnets as well, but as far as I can tell from testing in Best Buy, the magnets are fairly strong--- given I wasn't able to sit down with it in my lap (lol), but the keyboard does hold on if you pick up the tablet without support on the keyboard.

I kinda want one, but would definitely have to upgrade storage and possibly memory. Do you know if that's possible?

I kinda want one, but would definitely have to upgrade storage and possibly memory. Do you know if that's possible?

You can upgrade the storage via SD card but memory you're out of luck. On the fence about grabbing one of these.

Played with the one at my local BB not to long ago. Magnets were not up to par :/

I like locking/switch mechanism keyboards.. None of this magnet non sense.

just got one of these, the tablet itself is fantastic. Snappy, full windows 8.1, great display, great battery life.

Having to charge both the tablet, and the keyboard individually is not fun, and as mentioned, the magnetic link is way too weak. They would have done far better to have a physical "click in" a-la Asus, and link the charging.

Great deal regardless compared to what that same money will get you with Android/iOS tablets.

I bit on this, the first personal Laptop/tablet I have bought in 6 years. So log as it will play Mkv and h.246 files I should be happy with it, not worried about the keyboard. Estimated shipping is showing over a week, kind of a bummer on that.

I've very interested in this but will want to play with one first. Hopefully my local BB has one on display.

My wife needs something to replace her crappy vista laptop from 07 that was crabby out of the box.

If these had 4GB of RAM, even if it costs a little more I would have snapped one up. I will not run Windows on less than 4GB of RAM nowadays.

Reviews seem to state it's quite responsive for your standard media consumption, which is all my GF uses it for - web browsing, e-mail primarily.

EDIT: Man, certainly takes them a while to ship these. Estimated ship date is 6/12, with received date of 6/19.

Last edited:
Is the 32-bit Windows a reason to hesitate?

no it has 2GB ram non upgradeable so no benefit from 64bit, in fact i thought i read it would actually use a little more memory to run the 32 bit programs on the 64bit OS so it would be worse actually.

Reviews seem to state it's quite responsive for your standard media consumption, which is all my GF uses it for - web browsing, e-mail primarily.

EDIT: Man, certainly takes them a while to ship these. Estimated ship date is 6/12, with received date of 6/19.

It takes time to open the box, move stuff around, and re-seal it so it looks refurbished :)

So...still pending, but as of today it looks like Lenovo has paid me instead of charging me for this tablet. Best deal ever? :confused:

So...still pending, but as of today it looks like Lenovo has paid me instead of charging me for this tablet. Best deal ever? :confused:

Mine came in two days after ordering, shipping was estimated over a week with the prep time. Hope yours shows up.

After doing a firmware update, its a pretty snappy tablet, Plays every type of video I have thrown at it. Loaded up some old starwars games and it plays those without issue. It also works well for steam in home streaming.

FYi, with those older Atom cpus, avoid Chrome. I have a first gen Dell Venue 8 Pro, and while it's a great little tablet, once you put Chrome on, it kind of drags it down. it's a little better if you use Chrome with no plugins, but CHrome is just a tad heavy for this guy. I switched to Opera (UGH), and it was a big difference. The newer X-series Atoms handle it much better.

That said, for $180, it's a good deal, and will receive Windows 10 in a few months.
Is the 32-bit Windows a reason to hesitate?

Not unless you happen to run a specific 64-bit only application.

just got mine, i don't normally buy refurbs but this sure doesn't look used to me minus the stickers they put on it saying refurb

anyone having issues processing the purchase? I either get a payment error (Amazon Payment) or zip code error (reg purchasing).

Mine came in two days after ordering, shipping was estimated over a week with the prep time. Hope yours shows up.

After doing a firmware update, its a pretty snappy tablet, Plays every type of video I have thrown at it. Loaded up some old starwars games and it plays those without issue. It also works well for steam in home streaming.

Sounds like it's on my doorstep, nice. Still really weird though that they're giving me the $200 instead of charging me, assume that will drop off.

It was apart of the bios update, just run the exe and it does the rest. http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tablet-2-1051

Is the BIOS update the only thing you installed off that page? What issues did it actually fix? (looked at the readme, didn't say much).

Is the BIOS update the only thing you installed off that page? What issues did it actually fix? (looked at the readme, didn't say much).

I did the bios, wireless, Bluetooth and chip set updates. Between the bios and chip set the thing just seems faster all around, biggest difference I have noticed is youtube and nextflix videos quit lagging at the start. The Bluetooth update seems to help the keyboard reconnect better. Not sure the wireless update helped in any way that I can see.

Maybe It's dead. Though it appears to come back time to time. I tried to order earlier and the webpage was being a pos. At work so IE it is. :(

Same. At least I got my order in. Looks like the deal is dead now.

It keeps changing how many they have in stock. Yesterday I watched as it went from 4 to 15 to 7. Just now it shows 1 in stock.

Guess they can't keep opening and moving them around and slapping a refurbished sticker on them fast enough.

FYi, with those older Atom cpus, avoid Chrome. I have a first gen Dell Venue 8 Pro, and while it's a great little tablet, once you put Chrome on, it kind of drags it down. it's a little better if you use Chrome with no plugins, but CHrome is just a tad heavy for this guy. I switched to Opera (UGH), and it was a big difference. The newer X-series Atoms handle it much better.

I'm using Chrome on my V8P and it's great. Just make sure you're using it in Modern Mode rather than as a desktop app. It's a complete dog on the desktop and the touch gestures work poorly, but when it's in app-mode it works fabulously. I even have my install loaded up with a bunch of ARC'd Android apps running inside Chrome without performance issues.

I'm using Chrome on my V8P and it's great. Just make sure you're using it in Modern Mode rather than as a desktop app. It's a complete dog on the desktop and the touch gestures work poorly, but when it's in app-mode it works fabulously. I even have my install loaded up with a bunch of ARC'd Android apps running inside Chrome without performance issues.

I knew I could but never tried it. Don't you lose all your extension though?

Received...works well, except for the fact that it won't charge. :( Trying to return/exchange

I will say though, that the magnet for the keyboard is extremely weak. Whoever said you can pick it up and it stays on, no way. The slightest bit of pull and it's off.

Received...works well, except for the fact that it won't charge. :( Trying to return/exchange

Thought I had the same issue, turn out you have to use the included Power brick and use the thicker the two cables they send you. Every other configuration I tried results in plugged in not charging. There is something special about that cable.

People discussing the issue on lenovos forums.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Window...y-Yoga-Tablet-2-1051-Windows-8-1/td-p/2040915

Thought I had the same issue, turn out you have to use the included Power brick and use the thicker the two cables they send you. Every other configuration I tried results in plugged in not charging. There is something special about that cable.

People discussing the issue on lenovos forums.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Window...y-Yoga-Tablet-2-1051-Windows-8-1/td-p/2040915

That's bizarre, thanks for the tip! Will give that a shot, I actually just printed out the RMA to get a refund on it.

Thanks so much, that fixed the issue! Which is great, as this is a really good little tablet for the price of this deal.

Got mine in recently. Great little tablet. My only gripe is the on-screen keyboard is HUGE. Takes up half the screen in landscape mode.

Back