Lenovo Yoga 900 Laptop

Don't have one, but the reviews I've seen suggest that Lenovo 'fixed' the Yoga 3 Pro with the 900. You're getting a much faster processor and better battery life without sacrificing that clever design. With that said, it sounds like the trackpad is finicky, so definitely try it out before you commit.

Thanks for the link. Sounds like they still have ongoing trackpad issues.

You might hate the short travel keyboard if you're used to Thinkpads. Try it out in person before considering. Missing trackpoint and the dedicated buttons might be an issue also if you rely on them.

I'm currently using a 2015 Macbook retina. Keystrokes can't get much shallower...lol Best Buy has this one and a HP Spectre x360 in store. Going to stop by and mess around with them both.

I've got a Yoga 2 Pro that I picked up (like new) for under $500 on ebay. Keyboard is love it or hate it, but I like the way the key's feel (not just click, but the surface texture. Trackpack is honestly fine, unless you're coming from a newer MacBook Pro, in which case it's a bit of a step down.

Hinge on the Yoga 3 and the 900 looks awesome fwiw though.

Man, just checked these out and prices seem like a bargain for what you get, i7, 16GB and 512 for $1,400. Not cheap, but most of the other players, Dell, MS etc, that config gets you to 2K.

I was pretty interested in the Yoga Pro 3 (think that was it) when it dropped last year but the reviews made me shy away. This sounds more promising. Now the concern isnt the hardware but the free superfish with every order.

Sounds like the 'pen' options are just a capacitive stylus?

I've tested the 900 out at BB already a few times and almost pulled the trigger on one on Black Friday when they were $250 off but decided to wait.

Keys were ok and Trackpad was fine for what I would use it for when i'm mobile. In a desktop situation, i would probably utilize a form of docking station to let me use a bigger monitor and keyboard and mouse. Kinda like I do now for my MBAir. The Henge dock i use now is perfect for what I need in that regard.

I stopped by Best Buy and tried both the Yoga 900 and HP x360 out. The x360 has quite a bit more weight but, overall, I liked it a lot better than the Yoga 900. Decisions, decisions...

So when you flip it over and rest it on the keyboard side is there any small feet it may sit on or are you literally sitting it on the frame and keyboard cause i could see all of that getting scratched up real fast..

No feet on either. They sit on the keyboards and while in those positions, disable the kb/trackpad.

So when you flip it over and rest it on the keyboard side is there any small feet it may sit on or are you literally sitting it on the frame and keyboard cause i could see all of that getting scratched up real fast..

That's where the Surface type cover shines since you can flip it around so keys are facing inwards and it's easily replaceable.

I picked up one last month. I was going for a Surface Book, but after seeing the Yoga900 and I am a PC person, I feel in love with it. I will be using it initially 85% as laptop and 15% as a tablet. One quirk I found out last night. I wanted to load the Netflix app to this WIndows 10 system and it will not allow me. Just keeps spinning, saying working ...... Also asking for a Microsoft Account.
Anyone install the Netflix app on this machine?

For now, I just bring up my browser and start Netflix that way

I'm debating on this laptop as well. My Yoga Pro 2 just died due to the common "boot fail" error that appears to be due to a faulty mobo. I'm gun shy on Lenovo as their customer service is terrible.

I just got my mom the 700 and it's pretty nice for the price. I'd agree with a previous poster that the x360 is a little nicer but not worth the extra cost over the 900 imo.

The one area where Lenovo really skimped on with the new Yoga's is the screens :(

The Full HD in the Yoga 700 is fine, but the brightness really leaves a ton to be desired. I actually returned one because of this.

The Yoga 900 is brilliant, except for it's display. Though it is a QHD+ and very sharp, the contrast and black levels are horrid. It's a GD shame I tell ya.

I went with a Sceptre x360 with a QHD screen. It is SO much better.

To be clear, the Yoga's are awesome machines with this one little issue. IMHO the Yoga 700 would be acceptable for 99% of the population. I actually think the black level/contrast issues with the high end QHD+ screen on the Yoga 900 is a MUCH bigger problem.

One other thing to keep in mind. The Yoga screens do not have digitizers so you'll have to use a plain old capacitance pen if desired.

Lenovo has awful trackpads - owned the 14" Edge, X220 & X1 Carbon Gen2. I ended up with a MS Surface Pro 4 and the trackpad on the detachable keyboard is pretty good - no Mac good though.

Lenovo has awful trackpads - owned the 14" Edge, X220 & X1 Carbon Gen2. I ended up with a MS Surface Pro 4 and the trackpad on the detachable keyboard is pretty good - no Mac good though.

Yeah, the Yoga's wasn't great. It wasn't terrible, but it just didn't feel like they did in the IBM days. Kinda cheap feeling. It worked though.

Back