LED Backlit
1600x900

Dell XPS 12 has a screen:
12.5"
Corning® Gorilla® Glass
170-degree viewing angle
Full HD (1080p)
400-nit

Which would be of best clarity and sharpness? Particularly for text and webpages outdoors?

Thanks!

Without digging deeper, it looks like the Dell would be the better one.

Smaller screen, higher resolution, more pixels per inch.

I'm in the same boat. I'm looking for a 1080p display. I'm going from an iPad 3 (New iPad with Retina Display) to a Win8 convertible. I can't stand the iPad 2 display, so I need as good of a screen as I can get for reading and working.

From your selection, I'd think the Dell. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more technical specs, but that's just my outlook.

1600x900 is actually pretty nice on a 13.3" The problem with 1080p on a 12.5" is things get REALLY small and windows scaling is not always the best.

For things like this, you really should go take a look at comparables in a store. Best Buy carrys the Yoga, and something like the Surface Pro is pretty close to the Dell for screen res/size.

Specs are better on the Dell, but after trying both out... I far and away preferred the Yoga overall. Also, last time I went to BestBuy (in Ohio) they didn't have the Yoga on display. I asked an associate about it, and he said they no longer carry them in store, but they are still available for purchase online :-/ So, YMMV on finding one to try out.

Back