Lenovo Y510 (Retail Edge) with Win7?

mavalpha

[H]F Junkie
I found a few old reports saying incomplete drivers with the internal builds, has anyone used their Retail Edge Y510 with Win7 RTM? Obviously the extra apps won't work but how is the installation process at least? I'm thinking about going to Pro 64-bit since I bumped up the RAM to 4GB, and maybe doing the Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate for the Media Center.

Win 7 Pro has Media Center in it.

I am not sure what the retail edge Y510 is but I put Win 7 Pro on our Lenovo Y530 machine.

I put Retail Edge because Intel/Lenovo gave a specific model with standardized hardware, this way everyone knows they have the same specs.
T5750
2GB DDR2
250GB HD
DVD+/-RW
Intel GM965 IGP (other models had NV cards)
4965ABG wireless (although I swapped in AGN instead)

And thanks for pointing out the Media Center, I didn't realize it was included. :) If your Y530 has the same graphics/wireless, let me know how the install went. Also, any problems with VeriFace?

Took the plunge, upgraded to 32-bit for now. Went to Home Premium, then to Professional.

And the verdict is, it works!

Two issues:
Speakers- it sees many sets and doesn't automatically toggle when you plug/unplug an external jack.
Camera is installed correctly in DevMan, but Win7 doesn't see it as an importable device. No picture-taking, meaning no VeriFace.

Last edited:
Back