Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 Tiny Desktop in $307!

I will have one of these for sale with the i5-6400t and 8GB RAM over in the FS/T thread soon. Great little machines.

Bought one for my parents. They have been complaining the 10 year old Dell they have is getting slow.

Man if this would of been around two week ago I would of went this route with my new HTPC same hardware just a different case...

Solid deal, they are probably spec'd a little lower than I would like even for a light home workstation or HTPC (8GB and 250+GB SSD ideally as minimums) but the i3-6300 is a very capable CPU that gives the feel of a lot of instantaneous speed for lighter workloads. You are probably saving a decent chunk getting this over maybe a similar spec'd NUC, although you have to factor in the difference of buying a 2nd 4GB stick instead of maybe 2x4GB on the NUC, and a larger 250+GB SSD and eating the built-in cost of the 128GB that comes with this unit.

Should be a solid HTPC unit however there are mixed reports on whether the HD530 will pass 4K/60 4:4:4 subchroma. Seems like there is somewhat of a crapshoot depending on the board and HDMI chip onboard.

I personally went with an Alienware X51 as my HTPC to replace a Haswell NUC. Its MUCH bigger, but its also fully upgradable from the barebone platform, only cost me $430 on clearance at MicroCenter. Right now I have 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, i3 6100, 512GB 950 pro for OS/programs and a 1TB RAID0 SSD array in it. Not bad for a unit that's slightly larger than the original XB1 and still pulls less than 200W under load.

Solid deal, they are probably spec'd a little lower than I would like even for a light home workstation or HTPC (8GB and 250+GB SSD ideally as minimums) but the i3-6300 is a very capable CPU that gives the feel of a lot of instantaneous speed for lighter workloads. You are probably saving a decent chunk getting this over maybe a similar spec'd NUC, although you have to factor in the difference of buying a 2nd 4GB stick instead of maybe 2x4GB on the NUC, and a larger 250+GB SSD and eating the built-in cost of the 128GB that comes with this unit.

Should be a solid HTPC unit however there are mixed reports on whether the HD530 will pass 4K/60 4:4:4 subchroma. Seems like there is somewhat of a crapshoot depending on the board and HDMI chip onboard.

I personally went with an Alienware X51 as my HTPC to replace a Haswell NUC. Its MUCH bigger, but its also fully upgradable from the barebone platform, only cost me $430 on clearance at MicroCenter. Right now I have 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, i3 6100, 512GB 950 pro for OS/programs and a 1TB RAID0 SSD array in it. Not bad for a unit that's slightly larger than the original XB1 and still pulls less than 200W under load.

It won't do 4K@60 over HDMI but it will over displayport.

Am I missing something, lowest price I see is $390.xx

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't notice the Deal of the Day price. :oops:

Even I missed it, cause a friend suggested to wait for the black friday! Hope I will get something better then! Thanks everyone!

Even I missed it, cause a friend suggested to wait for the black friday! Hope I will get something better then! Thanks everyone!

I have found that if I wait for a better price, I always miss the better price. So now, if I thinks it's a good deal, I buy it. It might drop in price but also might not.

You are right about it! Uncertainty sucks sometimes and then if it doesn't work out, I will have another regret in my life :D

Back