Lenovo,s what would you pick

niceplace

Weaksauce
My wife is looking for a new laptop as the Toshiba she has now would drive you mad with its slowness. She uses the laptop for web surfing, emails, writing documents, watching tv/films and plugs wireless headphones in to listen.

I am pretty clueless with laptop processors so would like a pointer in the right direction, we have been looking at these two Lenovo,s i3 and i5 model. The i3 looks like it may fit the bill but what more would you gain from the i5, the one thing the laptop needs to be is quick and the price is about right with these two. Here,s the link

http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/g-series/g510/

I5 is faster so anything processor intensive will be faster. The i3 should be fine, but if I were you I would put the difference into an SSD and at least 8gb of ram. Personally, I like to buy a bit more than I need simply for growth.

Hi, thanks for the input. I cant see anything that will be processor intensive from the use it will get so it looks like the i3 may fit the bill. I thought the 6gb of ram would be plenty but I can see what your saying about 8gb. Couldn't agree more about the ssd, they have to be the greatest speed increase to a pc I have ever seen.

I have a spare ocz agility 3 its only 60gb but it should be ample, just wondering though the hd that comes with the i3 Lenovo is 1TB so will there be a problem with the size mismatch. I am still a bit tempted by the i5 as its just the little bit quicker and one of the main criteria is it needs to be quick. But going down the i5 route may rule out the extra ram, Decisions decisions. Wonder how much that speed increase would impact on battery life.

Back