Lenovo N5902 (Enhanced Multimedia Remote) $35.99 shipped

I used this all weekend and cannot believe i lived without it for my HTPC. For the price we paid I would not hessitate to purchase again even at the full price.

I don't see how people are saying they have problems typing with this thing. The only issue I found was doing symbols. Holding the shift key seemed to be a a pain.

I have to go pick up mine after work today at the UPS shipping center. Stupid signature required delivery. :(

I have to go pick up mine after work today at the UPS shipping center. Stupid signature required delivery. :(

You don't have to pick it up. Sign up for UPS my choice. Log in, select the shipment, and authorize delivery without signature confirmation and they will deliver it without a signature.

You don't have to pick it up. Sign up for UPS my choice. Log in, select the shipment, and authorize delivery without signature confirmation and they will deliver it without a signature.

Interesting, I couldn't find that option when I went on there last. I'll do that next time, thanks. :cool:

Interesting, I couldn't find that option when I went on there last. I'll do that next time, thanks. :cool:

I was only able to bypass signature authorization after they had attempted delivery. Maybe if you signed up for premium it would have let you, but I'd rather save my money :)

Interesting. I signed up for it. I'll see what happens. Hopefully they decide to deliver it late or if my dad happens to be around to sign for it.

It works with a computer, ideally attached to a TV.

EDIT: I assume you are asking if it works as a universal remote replacement. The answer is no. It's got its own USB receiver and uses 2.4 GHz wireless, not IR.

Yeah, but it's on sale for $39.99 + tax & shipping now so that's better than nothing I guess. :p

Though the ship date is like 5/29...

Ship date isn't accurate. Mine showed something similar yet shipped a few days after ordering.

Just got my yesterday and a couple impressions about it:

It's a nice size for one-handed use with the mouse part. The keyboard is a bit smaller than my diNovo Mini, but the keys are more "raised" so it seems just as easy (if not moreso) to type on. Apparently there is no software for this, but it was just plug and play with my HTPC running Win 7 64-bit.

One issue I noticed right off the bat is that the mouse sensitivity seems really low. It seemed fine for my diNovo Mini, but since this thing has a much smaller sensor area for the mouse, you end up having to move your thumb across it a dozen times to get it across the screen. I tried upping the sensitivity and all that did was make it really hard to be precise with it. Not sure what is going on there. Overall it's not that bad to use, though, but slower to do anything with the mouse than my diNovo Mini.

Another thing I noticed is that the on/off switch is some sort of triple thing, where you have to set it in the middle to enable the backlight. So its like Off -> Backlight enabled & On -> Backlight disabled & On. Kind of odd since you have to press a button to get the backlight to turn on anyway. At first I thought it was broken but then saw on the back that there was a seperate switch position for backlight. Once I got the backlight on, I noticed that the lighting was extremely uneven. Like, if it only uses 2 or 3 LEDs, you can pretty clearly see where they are behind the keys. Somewhere around the Left Arrow Key there is a very bright spot, and again near the lower left of the ASDF cluster. It's not a big deal and I'm sure it would be fine in the dark, but it just seemed kind of weird.

Overall, for the price that it was, I like it. However, if it was $80 or whatever the original price is, I would definitely recommend a diNovo Mini for a bit more over this.

I'm glad you mentioned the uneven backlight. I was concerned that mine was screwed up.

So, I will mention another quirk. The remote goes into a "sleep" mode after a few seconds. Sometimes it seems I have to press a button several times for it to wake up again?? Like, I will press the ILLUM button to activate the backlight, but it takes several strokes before the keys light up and the mouse responds.

Also, some web surfing revealed that owners of the previous version (N5901) had similar issues with the range being 10-15 feet... despite Lenovo specs of 30 foot range. A common fix for this was to put the dongle on a USB extension cord, allowing the dongle to be positioned in "optimal" locations. FWIW. I'm gonna give it a shot, although I liked how inconspicuous it was when plugged directly.

How do I get a mod to move this thread to the "discussions" forum, since the deal is passed??

Still no F keys, numpad or scroll wheel?

I have the older version, it's piece of shit.
Could've easily included a full keybaord through Fn+keys

Back