Lenovo N5902 (Enhanced Multimedia Remote) $35.99 shipped

Love this remote so much. As good as the original was, this is so much better. There is a touch scroll/volume area below the touch track ball. In VLC the touch scroll area controls the volume inside the VLC program. There are volume buttons on the top of the kb which changes the system volume. I love this feature. I have had mine for about 4 months now, and the batteries are just now needing to be changed. I think I picked it up at microcenter for $49. Well worth it.

Ahhhh damn, if it wasn't for the fact that I got a Logitech K700 recently, I would have pull the pin on this bad boy!

I have no experience with either, can someone comment on whether one is better than the other one, I would be willing to sell the K700 if this does a better job.

In for one. My diNovo Mini is starting to get a little long in the tooth, some of the main buttons are getting harder to register.

I was looking at similar controllers before but they didn't have backlighting like the Mini. Now they do, yay!

Ahhhh damn, if it wasn't for the fact that I got a Logitech K700 recently, I would have pull the pin on this bad boy!

I have no experience with either, can someone comment on whether one is better than the other one, I would be willing to sell the K700 if this does a better job.

One is a keyboard the other is a smaller remote type device. They do not compare at all. I wanted something that I could use as a KB when needed but only took up the space of a remote when not in use. The lenovo is a one hand operation unit. K700 requires a lap. My HTPC is basically point and click 99% of the time so I had no use for a kb based setup.

i have 3 of the older version... 1 in my house, 1 in my classroom and 1 in my wives classroom.

they are the best "presenter" mouse around..... love it!

Backlight will make it even better for the house!

thanks, just ordered one

One is a keyboard the other is a smaller remote type device. They do not compare at all. I wanted something that I could use as a KB when needed but only took up the space of a remote when not in use. The lenovo is a one hand operation unit. K700 requires a lap. My HTPC is basically point and click 99% of the time so I had no use for a kb based setup.

Excuse my Noobness but they look alike to me. Let me tell you what I have and probably you guys can point out whether this is better than what I got or not, OR, if neither of these things is and what I need is something totally different :D

I have my laptop (IBM T42) hooked to a mini Dock and in turn hook up to my Samsung HDTV, this way, I can browse the internet whenever I want and visit my regular sites, but more importantly, I can watch my motorcycle races online (from motogp.com) but thru my Samsung HDTV so I bought the KB700 so I could do this from the comfort of my bed wireless.

So my question is... is the KB700 better than this device for what I need?

@ motolube: I believe you bought the Logitech Google TV Keyboard Controller ?

If so, I believe the functionality is probably the same as this Lenovo controller, but as stated by Power5, the Logitech unit is almost the size of a full keyboard, so it will sit across your lap while you watch your movies. The Lenovo device is a hand-held remote controller with a keypad roughly the size of a slide-open cell phone.

:)

(p.s. if you click the Logitech link, and then click on the Image Gallery tab, the first photo loaded shows the controller on a users' lap... showing a more realistic size reference than the homepage which makes it look like it can be palm held)

B0040QE998_keyboard_controller_lg.jpg

vs

lenovoenhancedbacklitkeyboard1news.jpg

Not sure how these can be any more different. The only similarity would be they both have keyboards.

I broke down and grabbed one.

Kind of tired of my full sized wireless keyboard.

These things are a bitch to type on; what you mainly get - at least in HTPC scenarios - is the ability to mouse over and clear a program crash, like MCE stops responding, which a stick remote can't normally do. Or say install a program or map a network share, simple and short tasks -- but dont plan on writing emails or IM's or surfing the web from the living room TV unless all you're going to be doing is clicking web links. for any kind of typing involving more than a few occasional words you'll want something a bit bigger.

The keyboard works great for pulling up the menus in XBMC by key shortcuts. Actually, I don't know if you can get to those menus with out the keys :eek:

OK, so a little off topic... but wouldnt that Logitech be cool if the touchpad/media buttons was a removable unit! So, pop it out for hand-held remote functionality and pop it back in when you want to use the full keyboard.
Any Logitech reps here?? (hint-hint) ;)

These things are a bitch to type on; what you mainly get - at least in HTPC scenarios - is the ability to mouse over and clear a program crash, like MCE stops responding, which a stick remote can't normally do. Or say install a program or map a network share, simple and short tasks -- but dont plan on writing emails or IM's or surfing the web from the living room TV unless all you're going to be doing is clicking web links. for any kind of typing involving more than a few occasional words you'll want something a bit bigger.

I don't see that. If majority of people can text on their smart phones, they can type on this.

OK, so a little off topic... but wouldnt that Logitech be cool if the touchpad/media buttons was a removable unit! So, pop it out for hand-held remote functionality and pop it back in when you want to use the full keyboard.
Any Logitech reps here?? (hint-hint) ;)

I'm sure it would retail at $200, since logitech likes to charge that much for their stuff.

@ motolube: I believe you bought the Logitech Google TV Keyboard Controller ?

If so, I believe the functionality is probably the same as this Lenovo controller, but as stated by Power5, the Logitech unit is almost the size of a full keyboard, so it will sit across your lap while you watch your movies. The Lenovo device is a hand-held remote controller with a keypad roughly the size of a slide-open cell phone.

:)

(p.s. if you click the Logitech link, and then click on the Image Gallery tab, the first photo loaded shows the controller on a users' lap... showing a more realistic size reference than the homepage which makes it look like it can be palm held)

Thanks a lot for the response... I am old enough to know that, sometimes, small is not better. In my opinion and for what I want it, I wouldn't mind it if it was the size of the G15 Gaming Keyboard :D as long as the functionality was better.

I guess I am keeping my KB then!

I bought this Gyration remote a couple years ago as a TigerDirect refurb for like $30
http://www.amazon.com/Gyration-Moti...QXT2/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1336155048&sr=8-7
Definitely one of my most used things in my room that isn't my computer.
I don't have a dedicated HTPC, so I use my PC for all my movie and tv show watching.
This thing has been dropped many times and still is perfectly accurate.
No keyboard though.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I don't see that. If majority of people can text on their smart phones, they can type on this.

Doesn't matter that you don't see it, if you don't own one you dont know. Its not like a blackberry keyboard -- hell that would be very welcome. The keys are layed out just far enough apart that its awkward and thumb typing is cumbersome.

I don't own one (will be soon), but I have used it before on my bro-in-law's computer and I thought it worked well. For the size and functionality, I don't see another alternative.

I have an iPhone app, but the problem is it doesn't activate until its at the windows desktop load. So useless when I need to login.

I don't own one (will be soon), but I have used it before on my bro-in-law's computer and I thought it worked well. For the size and functionality, I don't see another alternative.

I have an iPhone app, but the problem is it doesn't activate until its at the windows desktop load. So useless when I need to login.

Well, the diNovo Mini is a valid alternative, but it's a lot more expensive.

I have no problem typing on my n5902. Yes of course its not for typing emails but its not that bad either.

I got charged tax (in WA).

Also, I just got an email:

Dear MavericK ,

We apologize, but we are unable to ship one or more items on your order at this time. We anticipate shipment within 30 days of this notification. Our online order status tool displays the latest information on your order therefore a revised estimated ship date is not included in this notification.

:(

Oh well, not an urgent need, but kind of disappointing.

I've had this wireless keyboard for 6 months, and I love using it on my HTPC. Typing isn't a problem at all, especially with the back lighting on the keyboard. The mouse takes a little bit to get used to, but now I'm fairly precise while using it.

Also, I didn't realize that there's a touch sensitive scroll bar beneath the mouse until 5 months of using the keyboard. Duh!

my girlfriend is pretty amazed how fast i can type on my old lenovo n5901...just takes a bit of practice. i can type quite a few things without even looking at it.

Mine shipped and is scheduled to arrive on Wed. Anyone who doesn't yet know, Lenovo apparently ships everything "signature required". I had it shipped to my home to avoid sales tax, but I guess I should have chosen work address and paid sales tax, JUST so that someone will be available to sign for the delivery.
UUggh.

It will be nice to get the wireless keyboard off the coffee table. Mine just shipped yesterday after getting the same backordered email that others got.

How can you tell if yours shipped? I never got a tracking number. All I have is order status and a estimated date of delivery.

I have to agree here.

I've had four smart phones with qwerty keyboards, this is not the same experience.

Curious, which iphone app are you referring to? I would like to try it.

How can you tell if yours shipped? I never got a tracking number. All I have is order status and a estimated date of delivery.

They sent me an email a day later with an order update and it showed a tracking number.

Curious, which iphone app are you referring to? I would like to try it.

airmouse

It's pretty versatile and useful. Highly recommend it. All you have to do is download the server software on the computer you want to use, and then just turn on the app. Compete control and with magnification if you can't read anything on a 1080p screen. Has a file browser menu where you can navigate to the video file.

These things always had poor range. Any way to boost it?

Well, I got mine on Friday (finally home to sign for UPS delivery).

Tried it out quickly, and was as giddy as a young child with a new toy on Christmas!

Then later that evening it was finally movie time. I sat down on couch (about 20 feet from HTPC) and apparently I'm out of range. :(
Seems I need to be about 5 feet closer for the receiver to recognize.

Back