Lenovo Laptop's Keyboard Button Broke -- Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeForceX

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to see if there's a way to get a replacement for the mechanical plastic part that goes under the keys. I have the "]" key broken with the mechanical plastic piece missing arm to hold itself down. Hard to explain but I hope you know what I am talking about. Where can I get such a replacement?

Thanks.

Thinkpads are easy to repair (unlike almost every other laptop out there!). In this case, it sounds like you might have to replace the whole keyboard, which should run you well under $50 (last time I looked it was $20 to replace the kb on my X41). Just check eBay or whatnot. Repair will take you 10 seconds and there's a manual online for it.

Thanks for your input. No, there is no need to replace the entire keyboard! Only one button needs to be replaced. It is the plastic piece that sits below the key which allows you to press down and it comes back up.

I've never seen them for sale individually but you could try eBay or Thinkpad Forums. There's a whole ecosystem built up around parts for these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back