Lenovo Helix Convertible Ultrabook - msrp $1549 - on sale $699 !!

Pretty good deal. Seems like a comparable surface pro 3 for a couple hundred more gets broad well vs ivy bridge, a larger screen, and a digitizer.

I had one of these at work. They are very nice. My only complaint is that the dock was unreliable. We sent it in twice for warranty work. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

loved my helix, but that was over a year ago. it is 3 generations behind on CPU/GPU combo, runs hot and is now thick and heavy.

it's lack of SD card reader and hefty size of the tablet means it isnt even worth $700 today. .... there are better options

loved my helix, but that was over a year ago. it is 3 generations behind on CPU/GPU combo, runs hot and is now thick and heavy.

it's lack of SD card reader and hefty size of the tablet means it isnt even worth $700 today. .... there are better options

I tried finding a better option, this was the cheapest by far... the closest I could find was the Surface 3 Pro (i3/64GB) and it was $100 more, the closest Surface in specs cost $200-250 more for the Surface 2 Pro.
I certainly could not find anoher tablet with the following that cost <$700 and has..

Windows 8/8.1 64bit
128GB SSD/4GB ram/i5
with Digitizer, NFC, SIM, displayPort..

Yes the ONE BIG negative is the lack of microSD card.

The i5/128gb/4gb surface pro 3 is $799 at microcenter

these must have not been very popular to sink so far in price. Still, a pretty interesting form factor at a good price point.

I tried finding a better option, this was the cheapest by far... the closest I could find was the Surface 3 Pro (i3/64GB) and it was $100 more, the closest Surface in specs cost $200-250 more for the Surface 2 Pro.
I certainly could not find anoher tablet with the following that cost <$700 and has..

Windows 8/8.1 64bit
128GB SSD/4GB ram/i5
with Digitizer, NFC, SIM, displayPort..

Yes the ONE BIG negative is the lack of microSD card.

Uh, try the Surface Pro 1? Granted it doesn't have NFC (or I think it doesn't) or SIM, but I've never found those features to be something I gave a crap about. I got mine for 500$ off of a Best Buy sale... about a year ago (maybe further back? Don't remember). Nowadays you can get them off of Ebay for much cheaper, hence you can get a Surface Pro 1 with the Type cover for much cheaper than you could get this. And the i5 in them is no slacker. Plus they have a MicroSD slot.

The battery life isn't the best (granted all battery estimates are seriously overblown. I highly doubt this thing runs for that long. It depends on the CPU generation I guess) and they are a bit hotter than their successors, but they're still very competent tablets for the price.

Dell Venue 11 Pro has SD-card and 4th gen Haswell. There's an i5 model with 8gb, which is what really sold me. Has a number of different keyboards- sold separately- and one has a battery. They've gone for under $800 a couple times. Lovely kit. Of course Broadwell is out now... soo....

Back