Lenovo Creates A Table PC

Designed for multiple people to use at once. Looks rather cool having seen videos of what it can do but it's just so niche I don't see the point.

Does it have a camera on the back?

I'd love to see some nut holding one up and trying to take a picture.

That actually looks pretty nice. I have about 5 HP TouchSmart first gen Core i5 in the office. This would be a nice upgrade or new purchases for incoming employees. Looks thinner and more portable than the TouchSmarts.

It's part of the design for the blacktop desk for the CEO over at Encom.

At first I was wide-eyed at the prospect of embedding it into a table-top for a "cheap" microsoft-surface-like system for media consumption... then I saw the form factor and got sad..

They need a smooth, button-free, gorilla-glass surface with a lip, and it needs to be IPS high-resolution.
Then it needs to be quiet and cool.

Give me that and I'll probably seriously consider buying one.

I dare anyone to buy this and to use it on the train or subway, just to piss the other people off as they try to get around you.

I dare anyone to buy this and to use it on the train or subway, just to piss the other people off as they try to get around you.

It kind of has built in theft protection though since you can just cold-cock anyone that tries to steal it :D

I doubt they could even get the thing out the door. Ever see a dog try to bring a long stick into a house?

Maybe this is the computer industry's solution to the obesity problem ... lugging around a 17 pound portable has to be good exercise ... maybe they can sell a battery backpack to go with it and give you an extra few hours of computing :D

Reminds me of my first portable computer (the Compaq portable ... 30 pounds of 9 inch monochrome glory and the power of the 8088 processor) :eek:

Rotfl... Lenovo should make an optional complete table frame to inbed that thing in!

Just like a dock for laptops... Except BIGGER! :D

I would love to play some board games on something like that. Their are tons of reasons to put some big board games on a big touchscreen table like this. Just takes the computer, the programing shouldn't be hard to do.

I would love to play some board games on something like that. Their are tons of reasons to put some big board games on a big touchscreen table like this. Just takes the computer, the programing shouldn't be hard to do.
But with a two hour battery life, you'll be unable to finish any reasonable game of Monopoly on one, even if it's fully-charged when you start.

And forget about Risk. No way that's happening.

But with a two hour battery life, you'll be unable to finish any reasonable game of Monopoly on one, even if it's fully-charged when you start.

I guess they can't be plugged in?

It's more an all-in-one PC than a tablet, like the HP TouchSmart or the Dell One.

Not sure why they bothered with a battery pack in there. Build-in backup UPS I guess.

Rotfl... Lenovo should make an optional complete table frame to inbed that thing in!

Just like a dock for laptops... Except BIGGER! :D

That would work cool, actually. Basically turn it into the old style Surface (table top touch screen device).

A two hour battery? That's puts it right up there with the Surface Pro! I'm excited. :D

Maybe this is the computer industry's solution to the obesity problem ... lugging around a 17 pound portable has to be good exercise ... maybe they can sell a battery backpack to go with it and give you an extra few hours of computing :D

How about it making huge people look proportional to a skinny person using a tablet? :D I've seen some big dudes whose pockets look like they could fit one of these in it.

Maybe two. :D

Reminds me of my first portable computer (the Compaq portable ... 30 pounds of 9 inch monochrome glory and the power of the 8088 processor) :eek:

Ahh yes, the one that looks like a portable sewing machine. The glory of that orange monochrome display! I had one too, quite the monster to haul around. :eek:

A two hour battery? That's puts it right up there with the Surface Pro! I'm excited. :D

It's not as if you can carry this thing beyond the living room, kitchen, bathroom or sex dungeon. For me, all of those rooms have outlets.

Awesome CarPC?????

In a couple years we'll see hood rat drug dealers riding around in $500 cars with these as their A/V systems.

sony is making that 20 inch tablet, kinda interesting they all typically skip a good GPU though, lets see what geforce graphics means for this thing.

On that point I am really liking Lenovo, they have a number of cool ideas and they are trying all different things. Cant say much for Dell / HP these days.

Would appear to be somewhat useful if it was bigger and embedded in the middle of boardroom meeting tables. Other than that it seems unnecessary.

Back