• Thread starter Deleted member 312599
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 312599

Looks like its on sale again...

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/leisure-suit-larry-bundle

Includes
  • Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards
  • Leisure Suit Larry 2: Looking For Love (In Several Wrong Places)
  • Leisure Suit Larry 3: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals
  • Leisure Suit Larry 5: Passionate Patti Does a Little Undercover Work
  • Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up Or Slip Out
  • Leisure Suit Larry 7: Love for Sail
  • Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude Uncut and Uncensored

Just so I'm clear, is this only on Steam or can you install it on a Windows computer?

Just so I'm clear, is this only on Steam or can you install it on a Windows computer?

They're Steam codes so assume you need to run via Steam running Windows. Ideally, you'd run on a 386 DX with at least 4mb RAM with a soundblaster for maximum nostalgia (kidding, looks like they've been converted to run on DX 7 and above).

Do these still hold up? Are they funny and clever?
IMO the humor holds up better than the other Sierra games from that era but you need to understand the culture clash of late 70's culture vs late 80's-early 90's culture to get the most out of it. It probably helps that when I played through them a few years ago I understood more of the subtle humor than I did when I first played them in middle school.

With games like these I often find that GOG does a better job of making them work on newer systems but I haven't checked for these.

There are cheat codes that "enhance" some parts too. They don't mess up the story line, just meant to be entertaining.

IMO the humor holds up better than the other Sierra games from that era but you need to understand the culture clash of late 70's culture vs late 80's-early 90's culture to get the most out of it. It probably helps that when I played through them a few years ago I understood more of the subtle humor than I did when I first played them in middle school.

With games like these I often find that GOG does a better job of making them work on newer systems but I haven't checked for these.

Thanks, good to know

Back