Lego Worlds

Man that animation when he's using the tunnel bore machine to go through the mountain was...non existent. The blocks just disappeared into thin air. This is like...ultra-pre-alpha, right?

Other than that...Lego's are badass, and I enjoyed the Lego games, especially the Star Wars ones.

Bought it. Price is a no brainer and i have faith in lego brand.

Multi-billion dollar companies are now peddling their wares via early release? FML!

TT Games is developing it. Guys who make all those other Lego games like Lego Potter and Lego Marvel.

I ended up buying it too. Played for an hour yesterday. Game is absolutely delightful.

Here's some gameplay (not mine):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSp2i6nenm0

Graphics and animation are spectacular. It's like if Pixar made a game, this is what it would look like. Everything is crazy adorable. :D

Easily worth the $15. This game could potentially become huge.

So is there the equivalent of survival and creative mode in this game? I know there's no multiplayer yet but I really don't like creative mode in minecraft short of prebuilding some kind of weird dungeon survival course for me and my friends in a private server. Half the fun is surviving and building with no helping hands.

I ended up buying it too. Played for an hour yesterday. Game is absolutely delightful.

Here's some gameplay (not mine):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSp2i6nenm0

Graphics and animation are spectacular. It's like if Pixar made a game, this is what it would look like. Everything is crazy adorable. :D

Easily worth the $15. This game could potentially become huge.

Nice! I guess I'm buying 4-5 copies now, because my kids will go insane for this. (plus I'll need to have a copy too! :D ) I love the riding on the husky thing. :D

Multi-billion dollar companies are now peddling their wares via early release? FML!

To be fair, it's no worse than pre ordering a game that doesn't even have a release date (ie. Fallout 4 :p ).

At least here, people get a chance to try out an early version of the game now.

Why didn't Lego do this sooner? This is what Lego is all about. This is what I imagined a Lego video game would have been like before there were Lego games. Having said that I'm probably too old to start. My girls might dig this though.

DO WANT...especially if we can make planes/vehicles/etc however we want. Need to remember some of my childhood designs and bring them to life...

Really wish I had a game like this about 15 years ago.

To be fair, it's no worse than pre ordering a game that doesn't even have a release date (ie. Fallout 4 :p ).

I am pretty sure that the difference is that the Fallout 4 pre-order doesn't actually take any of your money till the order ships. You just guarantee the order with a CC, yes?

Why didn't Lego do this sooner?
They've made creation games/apps before. The one in 1998 (Lego Creator) was pretty successful and Lego Digital Designer you can use now (http://ldd.lego.com/)

Of course, computers haven't been powerful enough until recently to do open world with this kinda of fidelity. If they can iron out the bugs it looks like Lego Worlds will be great. It'd also be cool to see increase drawn distance, but yea I'm sure that takes a huge toll on memory.

Why didn't Lego do this sooner? This is what Lego is all about. This is what I imagined a Lego video game would have been like before there were Lego games. Having said that I'm probably too old to start. My girls might dig this though.

Was thinking the same. Bet Microsoft is pissed lol

Bought the first copy for my daughter last night. Looks quite fun so far. It will be a lot better when they release multiplayer for it, but that's a while off it seems. Still for early access it's looking quite polished so far. I'll definitely be supplementing with more copies of it closer to MP release.

I am pretty sure that the difference is that the Fallout 4 pre-order doesn't actually take any of your money till the order ships. You just guarantee the order with a CC, yes?

Depends, I think.

"Pre-order" = not charged until game ships

"Pre-purchase" = charged immediately

Could be wrong but I thought that's what the terminology meant.

if this plays anything like the recent marvel lego game, i'm, well, game.. it actually saved my life.

Back