Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga in 8K Resolution With ReShade Ray Tracing Global Illumination is Absolutely Lovely

kac77

2[H]4U

Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga in 8K Resolution With ReShade Ray Tracing Global Illumination is Absolutely Lovely

A graphical 8K showcase has been released for the recently-released PC version of Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, complete with ReShade Ray Tracing effects.

The most recent entry in the Lego videogame series is one of the series’ best, and boasts some impressive scenery, especially on PC. Of course, the typical ‘Lego’ visual style has to appeal to you, but it’s by no means a bad-looking game. Unfortunately, the game currently doesn’t support Ray Tracing on any platform, which some consider being a bit of a bummer.

That does look crazy good... I loaded up a Switch gameplay video just to see if it was at least improved (it's the platform my family would use)... looked like any previous Lego game I had seen. It's impressive the difference makes it look like almost a completely different game.

The problem here is that nobody spent $1100-$2500 bucks to see RT in Lego games :D

.......and sadly this is what will continue to make RT a "ho-hum, I'm paying a premium for a feature I will have to immediately turn off unless I want to do some kind of funky resolution scaling behind the scenes?" situation.......

Those Legos look more real than real Legos.
This does look awesome, but if you want something that actually does look like legit real LEGO, try playing the LEGO Builder's Journey with RTX on. Looks incredible.

He ran some people over with that Bantha!

And this is a kids game...

I'm sure at some point it will get real raytracing.

Those Legos look more real than real Legos.
occasional detent around the edges where teeth are used to try and pry things apart? a stray pubes here or there? dad's dried foot blood? actually speaking of that, has any lego game included a to-scale human just trampling over everything, like a god-of-war style boss battle? or you get swollowed by some toddler and have to survive on your way out? I mean, speaking of realism I think we still got stuff to explore...

occasional detent around the edges where teeth are used to try and pry things apart? a stray pubes here or there? dad's dried foot blood? actually speaking of that, has any lego game included a to-scale human just trampling over everything, like a god-of-war style boss battle? or you get swollowed by some toddler and have to survive on your way out? I mean, speaking of realism I think we still got stuff to explore...
I'm a little confused on the mechanics of the large human boss battle. When he steps on the lego characters does that hurt the legos or him? :D

Reactions: Youn
like this
The problem here is that nobody spent $1100-$2500 bucks to see RT in Lego games :D

.......and sadly this is what will continue to make RT a "ho-hum, I'm paying a premium for a feature I will have to immediately turn off unless I want to do some kind of funky resolution scaling behind the scenes?" situation.......
Uhhh, yes we did.

Back