Lego Pirate Survives Super Rogue Wave

I'm not sure if listing 90 degrees to port is still considered "surviving" is it?

My oceanography class in college talked about rogue waves. It's a fascinating subject. On one hand I'd love to see such a massive force of nature in person. On the other, I'm pretty sure being that close would suck balls unless it was headed away from you.

My oceanography class in college talked about rogue waves. It's a fascinating subject. On one hand I'd love to see such a massive force of nature in person. On the other, I'm pretty sure being that close would suck balls unless it was headed away from you.

Some of those videos they have of rogue waves hitting those big ass oil rigs are scary as hell.

Ok Sheldon, time to get out of the bath. ;)

Legos are always cool.

wow, that analogy was awful.

I should have been more specific, it was more of a "waves are cool" piggyback post than a related analogy. The majority of people do not realize that electrons in their orbits exhibit wavelike properties, or the fundamental implications of that phenomenon. I was just trying to spark curiousity. I must confess to being a bit of a science geek.

Here is a more thorough explaination of the electon's wavelike properties and "The Energy Gap, at 9:00.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiQ61NScU0

Unless you're talking about Brian Cox.

while working on the ship M/V Liberty Star in 1995 we were hit by a "small " rouge wave that bent the 1.5" steel plate bulwark like a sheet of wet paper, shook the whole ship violently and caused a collective WTF from all the crew members. i cant imagine a large one not sinking a ship.

while working on the ship M/V Liberty Star in 1995 we were hit by a "small " rouge wave that bent the 1.5" steel plate bulwark like a sheet of wet paper, shook the whole ship violently and caused a collective WTF from all the crew members. i cant imagine a large one not sinking a ship.

There must have been a run on clean underwear after that! :eek:

I should have been more specific, it was more of a "waves are cool" piggyback post than a related analogy. The majority of people do not realize that electrons in their orbits exhibit wavelike properties, or the fundamental implications of that phenomenon. I was just trying to spark curiousity. I must confess to being a bit of a science geek.

Here is a more thorough explaination of the electon's wavelike properties and "The Energy Gap, at 9:00.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiQ61NScU0

Unless you're talking about Brian Cox.

Yeah, sorry, meant Cox. That was just painful to watch. That guy belongs in a lab, not acting as the face of science.

There must have been a run on clean underwear after that! :eek:

i was in the engine room on watch when it hit, no warning, out of the blue everything shook and fell over. sounded like a dumptruck fell out of a airplane and hit us. ya lots of skivies went overboard.....

wow, that analogy was awful.

Simon Pegg is the only reason I could actually watch the video for more than 3:00 minutes. Brian Cox is terrible.

Good idea on waves being cool though.

Back