Lego Accused of Cultural Insensitivity with Star Wars Set

Here's the thing: where are the Christian extremists to rival these people? And don't say that a couple dozen abortion-related acts of violence over a few decades compares to the sheer scale of Islamic Jihad.

One could argue that Christian extremists are to Muslim extremists as White Collar bankers are to gang bangers... A whole different scale and different methodologies.

More education is needed by EVERYONE, with a HUGE side of your ideas aren't the only ones out there. The more people know about any religion the less the crazies will be able to use selective preaching to bend opinions.

Of all the things in the world, it seems allowance of others beliefs/life styles (general put your self in others shoes) is lacking and the cause of most crap out there.

Of all the things in the world, it seems allowance of others beliefs/life styles (general put your self in others shoes) is lacking and the cause of most crap out there.

And out of the entire world, the United States has been at the forefront of tolerance. The very concept of the United States is built around the right to exercise your beliefs freely, and without punishment from the State. While we have certainly gone down the wrong road as time has gone on, there has been no country that has defended better the rights of its citizens to practice their particular religion, or even cultist bullshit like Scientology.

Unfortunately, the last time we tried to have a debate on what government should be able to force religious people to do, it turned into a fucking debate about birth control and Rush Limbaugh. Masterful distraction. Keep up from discussing the important shit.

Turkish people in Germany and Austria are always so annoying. I remember them trying to sue the city near where I loved because they didn't allow a mosque to be built...in the middle of the city. They always caused trouble in the schools and cities too. I don't get why certain groups have to act so retarded in other countries, why can't they just adapt and stop bothering everyone else.

Why do Arabs always assume that everything is a religious or racial insult?

What was LEGO supposed to do? Make Jabba's palace look like a 2-story Victorian house? Create a completely new architectural style from scratch?

It's a freaking palace, it looks like every other middle-eastern palace, grow some skin people. I haven't read the Koran, but I very much doubt it recommends overreacting to the slightest perceived insult.

stupid lack of edit
i talked in to Tiga from Tora Dora this year who she looks just like

Turkish people in Germany and Austria are always so annoying. I remember them trying to sue the city near where I loved because they didn't allow a mosque to be built...in the middle of the city. They always caused trouble in the schools and cities too. I don't get why certain groups have to act so retarded in other countries, why can't they just adapt and stop bothering everyone else.

LOL, this in start contrast to our American brethren who always are so well behaved in foreign countries... :rolleyes:

What was LEGO supposed to do? Make Jabba's palace look like a 2-story Victorian house? Create a completely new architectural style from scratch?

It's a freaking palace, it looks like every other middle-eastern palace, grow some skin people. I haven't read the Koran, but I very much doubt it recommends overreacting to the slightest perceived insult.

Turks aren't Arabs, but I agree with your point. The Koran could care less about the toy, the idiots who are trying to stir negativity towards the US don't.

The problem with all this cultural insensitivity nonsense is that the majority of people are easily manipulated because they aren't all that bright to begin with... it takes effort to educate yourself and some people just don't want to put in the time.

It seems people have forgotten how to prioritize their identity. I firmly believe that you can and should rank issues like this on a sliding scale: Human first, then social class/nationality, then religious/family/ethnicity a distant third. For instance, problems that effect humanity as a whole should be given a higher priority and amount of "shit's given" than say something that only effects the nation where you are a citizen or the religion you choose to belong to.

Cliffs: People should stfu about the small shit when it only effects a group that they have made a choice to belong to especially when their are larger issues to be resolved.

And out of the entire world, the United States has been at the forefront of tolerance. The very concept of the United States is built around the right to exercise your beliefs freely, and without punishment from the State. While we have certainly gone down the wrong road as time has gone on, there has been no country that has defended better the rights of its citizens to practice their particular religion, or even cultist bullshit like Scientology.

Unfortunately, the last time we tried to have a debate on what government should be able to force religious people to do, it turned into a fucking debate about birth control and Rush Limbaugh. Masterful distraction. Keep up from discussing the important shit.

Gonna have to disagree here. Canada is known as a cultural mosaic and melting pot. Unfortunately by definition that means the pot never gets hot enough to burn off the garbage and purify itself. Sadly that means we're becoming less Canada and more some weird bastardized perversion of Canada as we aim to appease minorities.

at one time the Islamic world was the center of learning and scientific knowledge .....
and then the extremest took over
imagine how much more advanced we could of been
Kind of think the same thing with the down fall of the Roman empire, and the dark ages that followed, damn near took 1500 years to realize the Earth wasn't the center of the Solar System.

Maybe Lego, in return for this shit, will come out with a Genghis Khan EPIC Slaughter of the Muslims set?

It should be obvious. It's a cultural thing. Think about it... they live in an environment where everything is approved of by the government. There is no such thing as different political views or personal religious expression outside of the official state religion.

They literally take any media coming from the west has the government of the originating country approving it. So if someone in America makes a video mocking Muhammad, it isn't that person making the video, it's the US govt. making the video. The idea that it's some random person or group of people that is not endorsed by the state is a concept they don't understand or even consider.

Gonna have to disagree here. Canada is known as a cultural mosaic and melting pot. Unfortunately by definition that means the pot never gets hot enough to burn off the garbage and purify itself. Sadly that means we're becoming less Canada and more some weird bastardized perversion of Canada as we aim to appease minorities.

Sorry, but we still don't yet have in America "human rights" councils persecuting writers for criticizing religion. America's got a lot of problems, but more and more countries are falling for this BS while we stand fast.

seems-legit-14319.jpg

/thread before another embassy attack :rolleyes:

at one time the Islamic world was the center of learning and scientific knowledge .....
and then the extremest took over
imagine how much more advanced we could of been

That's when they were still Jewish, before Christ and before Mohammad.

seems-legit-14319.jpg

/thread before another embassy attack :rolleyes:

That chick is definitely hot, but she is in no way Turkish. (I can tell you first hand Turkish women are just as sexy and beautiful except for one detail: they all have rotted, black teeth and periodontal disease (toothpaste has not been invented in Turkey yet and I think it's a crime to be a dentist there).

Here is all the cultural sensitivity needed for this. If you get butthurt over someone mocking your culture/ religion. Then you need to find something better to do with your time such as pissing up a rope.

Religious zealotry needs to die a fiery death.

You don't hear the black people complaining. They didn't even let them own any land. A brother had to go and build his city in the sky.

It should be obvious. It's a cultural thing. Think about it... they live in an environment where everything is approved of by the government. There is no such thing as different political views or personal religious expression outside of the official state religion.

They literally take any media coming from the west has the government of the originating country approving it. So if someone in America makes a video mocking Muhammad, it isn't that person making the video, it's the US govt. making the video. The idea that it's some random person or group of people that is not endorsed by the state is a concept they don't understand or even consider.

The ignorance (brain washing) is strong with this one. Typical american.

Anyway, turks are not arabs and their country is a secular state.

Turks are not Arabs.

The Turkish Cultural Community of Austria has accused Lego of copying a mosque in Istanbul as the model for Jabba the Hutt’s palace from the Star Wars franchise. The included Lego figures did not escape notice from the group either; they were cited as being demeaning in their Lego portrayals to the Turkish community. All in all, it sounds like a lot of Istan-bull to me. :D

The Turkish community does realize that the Hagia Sophia is actually a Christian Church that they stole and converted into a Mosque, don't they?

It looks like any hundreds of buildings from the Byzantine era. Who fucking cares, ya dirty Turks?

Back